Sassafrass's Reviews > The Festival

The Festival by Laura Tolomei

Mar 02, 2011

bookshelves: z-2011, z-the-romance-reviews, menage, kindle-smut-group-read
Read from March 06 to 07, 2011

Review done for The Romance Reviews.

In THE FESTIVAL, author Laura Tolomei continues the fantastic adventure to save the planet of Sendar and draws the reader further into the world where power is discovered through sex and eroticism is in abundant supply. The amazing world-building, fantastic characters, and intricate plot make this novel one that's impossible to put down.

Prince Caldwell and his lovers, Chris Templeton and Yilanor Meyer, have seen the devastating effects caused by an evil power unleashed on their world of Sendar. Thankfully, Chris was able to heal most of the people affected by this, and the people have come together to help clean up the mess. Now that the prince is in charge of the planet, he feels that a celebration is order to reward the people their efforts. The festival is not only a celebration of their world but also their passion, and the prince and his two lovers take full advantage of that fact. However, the evil power is still on the loose, and the prince, Chris and Yilanor will have to figure out how to combine their powers to put the evil back where it belongs or no one on Sendar will be safe, most of all Yilanor.

This is the third book in the Virtus Saga and I feel that it has been the best so far. Building on the intrigue and eroticism of the previous 2 books, THE FESTIVAL shows us the growth and strength of all three of the main characters. Chris Templeton, the prince's best friend and lover is by far my most favorite character--partly because he was my least favorite in the beginning. The author does an amazing job of illustrating the multi-facet personality of this man. And just when I think that there is no hope for him, he does something that lets me know that he may not be as bad as I thought.

The world-building continues to fascinate me as we are treated to even more parts of Sendar than before. We also get a good glimpse at this evil power, Virtus, that had caused so much trouble in the last book. However, he's not done, and we get an idea of just how strong the power is, and how devastating that evil can be.

The most gripping part of the story for me was the whole combining of powers that seems to happen when the prince, Chris, and Yilanor come together. Sexually, they are exploring each other in every way imaginable. There is m/m, m/f, m/m/f, and even f/f sex in this book. I guess that's to be expected when you find your power through intercourse. But I found that the sexuality and eroticism flow along with the story. It was fascinating to see the trio navigate this whole new facet of their lives--this power they have--and explore the ways they can use the power sexually. Much more fascinating even was how they found that because of the sexual exploration, they were able to better relate to each other outside of sex as well.

So, THE FESTIVAL is another entrancing installment of the fantasy romance series the Virtus Saga, and it has a gripping plot, fascinating characters and an immense amount of eroticism. I have a wonderful time reading the series thus far, and I can't wait for more of the series to be unveiled.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Festival.