Jeff Raymond's Reviews > Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything

Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer

Mar 22, 11

bookshelves: read-nonfiction, read-science, books-i-own
Read from March 21 to 22, 2011

I have a pretty terrible memory, all things considered. The internet and smartphones and such have been a godsend of sorts for me, as it finally gives me the ability to keep track of what I need to. When I heard there was a book about the World Memory Championships and the people who compete in them, I was totally in.

The book isn't only about that. It's about the author learning how to improve his memory, about the different ways different memory masters do it, a lot about memory palaces of a sort, and the competition (which the author does end up taking part in) sort of takes a back seat, but that's okay - there's more about memory and the mysteries of the brain in here to make up for everything in the end.

A fun, quick read for sure, but worth checking out if you're interested in this sort of thing. It's much more accessible than it ultimately sounds - or at least the parts I can remember.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonwalking with Einstein.