Dawn Vanniman's Reviews > Sleepless

Sleepless by Cyn Balog

Mar 02, 11

Read in December, 2010

When I was a little girl, my Grandma told me about how the Sandman would sprinkle sand in my eyes to force me to sleep. I. Was. Terrified. Until I heard the song "Mr. Sandman" by The Chordettes on the oldies station. Then I decided that the Sandman was a cute guy in a tux who brought me wonderful dreams...and maybe a boyfriend! ;)

It would seem that Cyn Balog had the same thoughts! The story starts right off with Julia's boyfriend, Griffin (great name!), falling asleep at the wheel. Griffin has been recruited to join the Sandmen. Sandmen are in charge of several 'clients' at a time for one hundred years minimum. At that point they may train a replacement and become human again.

One problem: Griffin doesn't want to let go off Julia, especially since his best friend AND his trainer, Eron, are both crazy over her.

Griffin's struggle to let go of his human life and Julia, Eron's struggle to learn to be human again and Julia's struggle to learn who she really is makes this book worth reading. I didn't think I would like it this much, but I read it in one night!

I would like to take a moment here to apologize to my personal Sandman for being a difficult sleeper. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleepless.