Amber's Reviews > Waterfall

Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Apr 15, 11

bookshelves: 2011, ebook-own, hall-of-fame, favorites, all-time-favorites
Read from April 12 to 13, 2011

Love this book!!!! This was the "Total Package" for me. There wasn't an ounce of anything missing! I'm a sucker for a good history/action/adventure/romance book, but this far exceeded my expectations! I couldn't put this one down, loved every bit of it!

The story is about two sisters who travel to Italy every summer due to their mom and late father's love of archeology. The Betarrini sisters search a tomb in which they were not supposed to enter and find handprints on the wall. As they both place their hands on these ancient handprints things begin to change. Upon entering the 13th century, Gabriella finds she is alone in this tomb, not sure where her sister Evangelia is. As she exits this tomb, she is captured by Marcello, whom by the way is eye candy!

The story is based on Gabriella's search for her sister and mother. She is such an amazing protaganist. Such spunk and wit, it makes you giggle at times. The knowledge she learned growing up helps her with her protrayal of a Lady from this current time. Of course she finds herself developing feelings for Marcello, but he is betrothed and let's just say his soon-to-be partner is anything but kind.

Gabriella does her best to not fall for Marcello, due to an alliance needed by the betrothel of Lady Rossi and Marcello the future Lord of Castello Forelli. She finds it hard when he is so attentive and attractive. Throughout the story you will find yourself at the edge of your seat and cheering on Gabriella as she deals with the longing to find her sister, the fight to not fall for the "knight in shining armor", a devious Lady Rossi, and a battle of inner strength.

The Characters in this story were so well written and the story was so believable. I LOVED the chemistry between Gaby and Marcello. There was such a pull there, which made you want to read more. Gabriella was a strong heroin. She can wield a sword, climb down a stone wall on a rope, give an attitude and yet Present herself as a Lady when needed. Such a fun character to read about. Then there is Marcello, oh Lord Marcello...dreamy, muscular, attentive all rolled up in his Italian hotness! Need I say more??!!

The secondary characters were amazing as well. A great story isn't a great story without the jealous, devious, bitchy girlfriend. Lady Rossi surely played her part in that. Ugh makes me cringe thinking about her! Luca, captain Luca Forelli, cousin of Marcello. Such a great cast of characters and they all contributed to make this story as amazing and wonderful as it was.

This has got to be one of my favorite books so far this year and I can't wait until June when the next book in River of Time series comes out. I would recommend this book to everyone. Young and old. It is a book that is relatable yet very enjoyable to read.

33 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waterfall.

Quotes Amber Liked

Lisa Tawn Bergren
“Fantasizing about an Italian hottie was far better than my normal dreams.”
Lisa Tawn Bergren, Waterfall

04/13/2011 "Page 119/277 per Nook. I'm so captured by this book!! I can't put it down!!!"

Amber I wish this was a E-Book!!! I'd buy it today!!! Oh, why do they do this to me!!lol

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I read it on amazon kindle!

Amber I have a Nook and love it!! It's finally an e book!! Been checking every week! Lol

Amber I started late last night and I can tell I'm gonna really like this one!!

Nomes YAY! i'VE ORDERED THIS ONE :)

Amber Nomes, its so good!! I loved it!! I read it in a day that's how much I liked it!! Hope you like it as much as I did!! I will Def read it again!

Nomes whoo hoo!

awesome review. as soon as mine arrives I am not even going to add it to the TBR ~ I will be putting it straight on my bedside table to read :)

i read the first chapter on the authors site and thought the prose was really simple in a breezy and engaging way...

~Tina~ SOLD! Great review girl, I'v always been a bit undecided about this one, but now I'm gonna have to get it!

Amber Its a very engaging book to say the lease ladies! It just "did it" for me...Love, Loved, Loved it. Dang, hope you like it as much as I did...I just want to read it again bc i Loved it so much!

Amber Hotties swinging swords and protectiveness of the Italian hotty....yummm ;)

~Tina~ I love books like that, the ones you just can't help love. So glad you enjoyed it:)

Nomes I love books like that too.

Plus TIME TRAVEL

It was a very good deal @ TBD Tina. Like, 37% off or something?

I wanted it to come in time to see if I should pre-order #2. Which, judging by all the fab reviews, I will be :)

Amber If you love that, you will love this for sure Teenie! I just wanted to Bitch slap Lady Rossi, but Gaby so knows her game she's playing it's funny to read Gaby's remarks on Lady Rossi...too awesome!

message 14: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Nomes wrote: "I love books like that too.

What hotties swinging swords....LOL ;)

Amazing review Amber. I have heard good things about this book and your review definitely makes me want to read it even more.

Nomes yes ~ hotties swing swords, LOL.

Amber Oh, there are shirtless hotties swinging swords here ladies! LOL

Amber I want to sit on the back of his horse and wrap my arms around him too like Gaby! ha ha She's one lucky character!

message 18: by Nic (last edited Apr 15, 2011 06:27AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Nomes wrote: "yes ~ hotties swing swords, LOL.

except if you were reading it Nic, in your mind, they would be shirtless hotties swinging swords ;)"

You know me well Nomes :)

Amber, you said they were shirtless? I might buy this right now for my kindle!

message 19: by Nomes (last edited Apr 15, 2011 06:28AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nomes *fans self*

I am dying here. Fingers crossed my copy turns up in Monday's mail.

Doubtful though :( It was dispatched 9 days ago...

@ Nic ~ you are easily swayed, haha.

Amber Nic, go for it!! I was a Nook hugger the whole time reading it!! LOL

message 21: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Nomes wrote: "*fans self*

I am dying here. Fingers crossed my copy turns up in Monday's mail.

Doubtful though :( It was dispatched 9 days ago..."

~crosses fingers and toes~

Amber, off to do it now :)

Amber Yay! Keep us updated!!! I'm excited for you!! ;)

Amber Nic, did you get the book??

message 24: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Yep! I love my kindle. A book in under a minute :)

Amber I here ya! It's been hard going to a regular book after using my Nook. I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on the book. Yay, so excited for you!

Nomes when are you going to read it Nic?

message 27: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Ummmm next week or so.... Let me know when your copy arrives!

I am very curious about this shirtless hotties swinging swords story.

♥♥Mari♥♥ Thanks for a TERRIFIC review! Very thorough analysis of the plot and characters. I'm reading this book now, and will soon be adding my raves to the rest of the five-star reviews!

Amber Thanks Mari! I hope you enjoy it!!

♥♥Mari♥♥ You're very welcome! It's now a little after 3:00 AM on Sunday morning, and I've already finished it. What a wonderful,exciting, beautiful book!!! The review will not only be going up here on Goodreads, but on my blog, as well!

Amber Wow! An all-nighter lol. It was for me too. Loved this book. I'll be sure to check out your review.:)

message 33: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Bergren Just discovered this stream of conversation. You should see the big smile on my face. I love you guys--thanks for getting as jazzed about this tale as I am!

Amber Lisa...I am in LOVE with this book!! It was amazing!! Do we really have to wait until June???? I'm craving more! Lol. Beautiful story!! Way to go!

message 35: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Bergren You're funny, Amber. Do you know how crazy-fast this pub schedule is?? But I loooooooovvvveee the excitement and want-it-now-edness from readers. Makes my day! Better get back to these TORRENT reviews, tho, or I'll delay that September release date for #3!!! Buone notte.

Amber I totally understand and appreciate how fast they are being published..more than you know!!! LOL. I'd rather wait a few months than a year!!
Anxiously awaiting #2 and #3!!! Buone notte, ciao

message 37: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Bergren Ciao, bella! And thanks for friending me.

Amber Nomes wrote: "when are you going to read it Nic?

I am jealous of how quickly you can get the books :/ I paid for this 14 days ago and still just waiting..."

*you need an ereader Nomes!!* Waiting for great books causes heart conditions! Lol

Nomes I'm scared to get an e-reader for some reason. i don't know which one to get?

but i think i will get one by the end of the year...

you are right about it causing heart conditions LOL.

i do like the physical copy of WATERFALL though. the cover is all silky (okay, so I stroked it a bit, haha)

message 40: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic I will probably want the physical copy if I love it. I love the pretty cover :)

Amber Nomes wrote: "I'm scared to get an e-reader for some reason. i don't know which one to get?

but i think i will get one by the end of the year...

you are right about it causing heart conditions LOL.

i do lik..."

You are cracking me up!!! Okay, so I'm totally going to buy the actual book, ya know, for stroking purposes! Lol

Amber Lisa wrote: "Just discovered this stream of conversation. You should see the big smile on my face. I love you guys--thanks for getting as jazzed about this tale as I am!"

I am downloading Cascade!! I can't wait for this next chapter to begin!!

Amber Need more Marcello!!!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

i totally agree i loved this book so much a great review!!!

Amber Anna wrote: "i totally agree i loved this book so much a great review!!!"

Thank you, Anna!