Kayleigh {K-Books}'s Reviews > Angel

Mar 02, 2011

bookshelves: ukya
Read from March 02 to 04, 2011

Posted on K-Books

There are no words I could possibly say to get across the feelings I felt while reading this book. It left me completely and utterly speechless and the book I read afterwards I couldn't even concentrate on as all I could think about was this story.

Willow is half-angel, she has always had these powers that she has never understood or known why. Her mother can't speak to her and half the time doesn't even know who Willow is. That all changed when she meets the mysterious, devastatingly gorgeous Alex. Alex is an AK, an Angel Killer, his target? Willow. The half-angel who has no idea what she is let alone what she can do. Going on the run together both must cope with being together at all times, but will the two of them be able to fight their growing feelings for the other when they are supposed to hate each other?

I instantly fell in love with this book and the story. All the other angel books I have read have been about fallen angels so when I picked this book up I instantly thought it was going to be similar. God, was I wrong.
Angel is definitely a fresh new twist on angel stories. Never would I have imagined reading a book where angels are evil. I love that it's a new take on the angel story and you will not find similarities to other angel stories so far published in the young-adult genre.
I love how the book is so different to others in it's genre, when reading books that are about the same thing, e.g. Hush Hush and Fallen, you can easily get bored as it sometimes feels like you are re-reading the same story but wrote in a different way. You will not get that feelings with this book. It is so unique and one of the best reads I have read all year.

I love Willow, she is such a great character and the reader feels everything along with her troughout the book. You feel her confusion as she learns just what she is, how she tries to fight her growing feelings for Alex whom she believes truly hates her and her fear as she discovers her destiny and just what it is she's expected to do to defeat the angels.
Alex is one of the characters that any girl who reads it will not be able to help but love him. He's definitely the bad boy of the book and I loved him. I love how he has been through so much and he always puts on the tough guy image but when you read more about him then you see his more vulnerable side where all he wants is revenge for what the angels did to his family.

If there is only one angel book you read this year make sure it is Angel.
Angel is a fast-paced, unputdownable book that is so addictive it keeps you yearning for more. I can't wait to see what's going to happen next.
I loved every moment of this book, and it's a highly addictive start to what's looking up to being an amazing series, one that I will be rushing to the bookstore to get as soon as it is released.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel.

message 1: by Pamela (new) - added it

Pamela I love your review except that it spoiled the story a bit. :) And that little comparison between Hush, Hush and Fallen... :( But otherwise, I LOVE YOUR REVIEW!! ^.^

Kayleigh {K-Books} How does it spoil the story?
I never put spoilers in my reviews.

And comparing it to Hush Hush and Fallen was the only way I could really say how different it was from others in it's genre

message 3: by Pamela (new) - added it

Pamela I don't know. =)) I just feel like I've read something that wasn't in the blurb.

message 4: by Pamela (new) - added it

Pamela Oh, and I wasn't against you using Hush, Hush and Fallen to say how good Angel was. I was just sad that you'd think Fallen and Hush, Hush were similar.

Kayleigh {K-Books} Really? I only use stuff that's in the blurb lol

I think Fallen and Hush Hush are kind of similar to each other just because they are both on about Fallen Angels whereas this isn't.
Don't get me wrong I don't think they are very similar, I love Hush Hush and I don't like Fallen lol

message 6: by Pamela (new) - added it

Pamela Really? Yay! =)) I love Hush, Hush too! :D Part of the spoiler in your review, I think, is that Alex was an AK. I didn't read anything like that in the blurb. @_@

Kayleigh {K-Books} It's not a huge spoiler tho as it does say this
"Alex is one of the few who know the truth about angels. He knows Willow's secret and is on a mission to stop her."
So it's kinda hinted Lol

I love Hush Hush but this is my favourite Angel series. I recently read book 2 and it was amazing

message 8: by Pamela (new) - added it

Pamela Oh... Well, in my defense I didn't know Willow's secret. =))

It's that good? I'll put it in my to-read list. It has lots of pages, though. Does the story drag?

Kayleigh {K-Books} Sorrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy
But I am pretty sure that in the blurb it says that she is half-angel or something like that.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to spoil it =(

Yes it's amazing. No it doesn't. I seriously put off the second book because of how huge it is but I liked it better than the first one and I couldn't put it down. I am so excited for the last book to come out

message 10: by Pamela (new) - added it

Pamela Oh, hey. I have a question since there are some Goodreads people who didn't like this book. What is the plot? Like is it more of romance or adventure or something else? :)