Vittoria's Reviews > People of the Wolf

U 50x66
May 09, 2011

liked it
Read from March 02 to April 15, 2011

I had trouble reading this book. I usually sink my teeth into books that I like. This one I wrestled with. I kept comparing it to Sue Harrison's Mother Earth, Father Sky series which I ripped through. The comparisons I made were in the following way: writing style was dry, sometimes the dialog was unbelievable, it was too long and sometimes I got lost if I put the book down for a week and tried to pick it up again. It did contain good elements like: historical native american ideas and the "dreamer" concept was wonderful. I didn't feel for the characters as much as Sue Harrison's, however, the heroine in the story was the most outstanding and I do like the fact that she didn't get her man in the end---so props to the writers for being unconventional.

I chock up my slight dissatisfaction to the fact that this is the first book in their series. I have picked up People of the Weeping Eye in hopes that the writing got better---at least I know I can trust the plot to be interesting and, at best, get some historical knowledge of native americans out of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read People of the Wolf.