Adam K.'s Reviews > The Power of a Praying Parent

The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian

Mar 02, 11

Read in February, 2011

An invaluable tool for parents. I think my only caveat with this book is that Omartian gets me worrying a bit more than I should be for my child's welfare. Every parent loses sleep because of their child, and when their child sleeps all the way through the night, we're all wondering if they're dead or just kept awake by thoughts of what could happen to them in the moment we're not there for them. I also worry about screwing my kids up, which I think just because I'm their dad, I'm already doing a good job of that, and this reading experience only exacerbates my fears. Nevertheless, if you want some assurance that you're doing everything you can to intervene in your child's life and keep them on the right path, just memorize the prayers in this book and try to be as perfect a parent as Omartian has proven to be. I'm not being sarcastic with that last. It takes unbelievable resolve just to keep our own "walk" perfect, something I've failed miserably to do, but this book is at the very least practical and keeps your mind focused on trying to do for your kids what you apparently can't do for yourself.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Power of a Praying Parent.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna You said that so well! I can relate to your worrys and when you wrote about worrying about screwing your kids up and thinking you're doing a good job... well... I reckon we must all feel that way to some extent. It made me chuckle, but I don't suppose it's really funny - not at all! But sometimes we just have to trust God and laugh a little... otherwise we'd worry ourselves NUTS! Or maybe I should say NUTTIER! lol

Adam K. Donna, I just reread my review and had to laugh, too. I was having an awful day when I wrote it, which always translates into a sarcastic rant. I'll try to say more later. Writing this from a mobile and it's rather slow and tedious.

message 2: by Donna (last edited Mar 15, 2012 06:44AM) (new)

Donna Adam wrote: "Donna, I just reread my review and had to laugh, too. I was having an awful day when I wrote it, which always translates into a sarcastic rant. I'll try to say more later. Writing this from a mobil..."

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna I TOTALLY understand!