Amy's Reviews > River Marked

River Marked by Patricia Briggs

Jun 15, 11

bookshelves: read-2011
Read in March, 2011 — I own a copy

I was so excited to get home & find this book on my doorstep! I love me some paranormal romance, and although as a feminist, I have trouble with women in love with werewolves in books (since they all seem to say, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't hurt me, but I should be careful because he is short-tempered/violent/etc.), I manage to get over that.

I have loved this series. So much. This book kind of went in a different direction, what with leaving the Tri-Cities, but I thought it was a great way to handle the story now that the romantic tension between the main characters is mostly gone (since they're married & all).

Good history on Mercedes, love that the Native American spirituality got to come out & play, since most of the other supernatural characters have traditionally been of European descent (fae, vamps, werewolves) with the exception of Mercedes.

I did miss the rest of the regular characters who didn't get as much of a showing after the wedding, but it was nice to give Adam & Mercy some alone time on their honeymoon, even if that alone time did involve nearly getting killed a lot, meeting a thunderbird, running into scary, scary otters, and being the only campers in a fae-owned campground.

I flew through the book in one night, so anxious had I been to get to it, but (as per usual), I know I'll sit down & give it another, more leisurely read-through soon. I just hope this isn't the last in the Mercedes Thompson series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read River Marked.