Bluerose's Heart's Reviews > Tales of the Dim Knight

Tales of the Dim Knight by Adam Graham

Apr 05, 11

bookshelves: christian, clean, fantasy, little-no-romance, adult
Read in April, 2011

A few months ago, I remember seeing Adam and Andrea featured at another blog. This isn't normally the type of book I read, but I was very intrigued. When I got the opportunity to read Tales of the Dim Knight, I was thrilled. While I was hoping to like the book, I was very surprised at just how much I did! I won't say this is a book for everybody, but if you like corny(I mean that in a good way!) heroes and all, or if you're wanting(or willing) to step out of your comfort reading level, this is the perfect book to read! While it may seem targeted towards those of you who like superheroes and comic books, I've only *looked* at one comic book in my life that I recall. I may have gotten some of the lines better if I was a comic book fan, but I was still greatly impressed as just an average reader. :)
I do have that childlike, sometimes weird sense of humor. My husband and I are completely different in what we find funny. At the beginning of this book, I think I laughed more than any book I've ever read. It does get way more serious and deeper as the book goes further, but it still kept its funny moments. You do have to have a good sense of humor to enjoy this book, I think. Christianity AND marriage both play huge roles in this book. While I'm not surprised about the Christianity, since that's what its labeled as, I was extremely surprised about the role of marriage and family.
I had so much fun reading this book, and a book that makes me laugh as much as I did doesn't deserve any less than 5 stars!! I very much recommend this book for anyone who wants a fun, entertaining escape, but be prepared for some seriousness, too!!

*I received this book from the publisher/author in exchange for my honest opinion.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tales of the Dim Knight.