Cheryl's Reviews > One of Those Days

One of Those Days by Zathyn Priest

Mar 07, 11

bookshelves: m-m-romance

I would have given this 5 stars if it weren't for the hormonally overwrought ravings of the PMS-ing female character. I understand it's a short story and there is an emphasis on comedic effect, but irrational, hysterical PMS Woman is a stereotype that I am so, so tired of encountering, and one which I often find offensive. At the very least, it makes me roll my eyes.

Stepping off of my soapbox, the story did redeem itself for the female cliche with "In my infinite wisdom I’ve learned to never argue with a PMSing woman. It usually always ends in tears. Generally mine.", which I found quite endearing and went a long way toward establishing the main character's personality.

This was a very enjoyable read. I loved Alex's wit and dry sense of humor, especially in the beginning. Alex was a fairly complex character for a short story and showed a lot of inner strength as well as emotional vulnerability. I'd recommend this book to anyone and plan on reading more of this author's work in the future.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One of Those Days.