Maddux's Reviews > Hummingbird

Hummingbird by LaVyrle Spencer

Mar 23, 11

bookshelves: so-good-i-am-scarred-for-life, stories-that-stay-with-me, 1850-to-1899-historical-romance
Read from March 22 to 23, 2011

Hot damn. I have no qualms about giving this book 5 stars.

What I thought would be a LoooOOooong, drawn out story, turned out to be a surprising page-turner.

The author did such a wonderful job pulling me in and keeping me in. There was never a "brick wall" point in this story. I was excited to keep turning the page. Or.. well.. clicking the next page button on my Kindle.

Jesse was soo yummy and had such a rousing rapport with our heroine Abbie. Very likable characters. Their back and forth bickering and fighting "mating ritual" dynamic is terribly enjoyable.

And the ending! ...you'll just have to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hummingbird.

03/22/2011 page 114
27.0% "I am so into this book right now!"
03/22/2011 page 167
40.0% "I am so into this book right now! It's still good!"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kristin (KC) I never see too many Lavyrle Spencer books come up on my feed. I just love her stories- always have! Hummingbird, The Gamble, and (my favorite) Years are three of my most loved romance novels! Nice review, and happy to see u enjoyed this! :)

Maddux Kris wrote: "I never see too many Lavyrle Spencer books come up on my feed. I just love her stories- always have! Hummingbird, The Gamble, and (my favorite) Years are three of my most loved romance novels! Nice..."

I absolutely loved this book, Morning Glory, and The Endearment. I think that's all that I've read of LS so far. Compelling reads.