~Tina~'s Reviews > Graffiti Moon

Aug 14, 11

bookshelves: netgalley-edelweiss, young-adult, contemporary, arc, read-2011
Read from August 13 to 14, 2011

Aussie Book challenge 2011 #9

Okay! I definitely hate myself since I really had no intention of reading this book (insert gasp here). I don't favor contemporary much, but being that a lot of my friends have read and raved about this and it being an Aussie book (nuff said) I decided to just give it a shot, and boy was I thrilled and surprised how much I truly loved this.

I absolutely fell in love with every single one of these characters!
Ed and Lucy, Leo and Jazz and even Dylan and Daisy. Each are extremely well written, complex and a total blast to read. But my favorite characters would have to go out to Ed and Leo. I love there tight 'you go I go' friendship and how they have each others backs and how they each have unique gifts that they share in common ways.
How freaken cute are Ed and Lucy? I loved how he ended up being the guy Lucy went out with a couple years back. I loved that they got their second chance, even if they didn't know it at the time. I adore how Ed feels so much and love the way he expresses it. Lucy is just to adorable for words. She's sweet and feisty and feels just as much as Ed, but doesn't hold back. Also, you got to love a protag that can break a boys nose. You just do.
Ed and Lucy's night searching for Shadow was like reading in 3D. I could vividly picture ever wall and every feeling that went into that piece. I simply adore how each one is explained by a memory or conversation. It really gave me a wonderful connection with who Ed really was and how Lucy saw each impression. Same goes for Leo's words and I love the reason behind why he needed the money and the fact that he's a bit scared of his Gran. Respect;)

As for the writing? It really is it's own brilliant piece of art. I've read Cath Crowley A Little Wanting Song and I had to admit I was shocked that this was the same author. I liked that book just fine, but this book is a masterpiece. From the moment I read the very first line, I was totally invested in these characters. I loved loved the humor, the flirtatious banter and easy fit wit. I love that there are intense moments but it didn't overwhelm me, just made me want to read this as fast as I could and savor it at the same time.

All in all, I absolutely adored this book, in fact, it's going down as one of the best reads in 2011 and an instant favorite. I can't wait till this book hits the shelves!
I am not an artist in any shape or form. I can't draw, I can't play music, sing or dance and I am no writer. But...I am a huge art lover. Graffiti Moon is art my friends, in the best, surprising way possible!

Smart, infectious and completely absorbing. Everyone needs to read this Outstanding gem!

(Arc provided by Netgalley and Random House Children's Books)
21 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Graffiti Moon.

Comments (showing 1-28)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 28: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Twinie, I love this book I hope yo do too.

~Tina~ Split Naner!! wOOt!!!!

I am LOVING this book twinie. LOVING! I hate myself for not reading this when it was on tour. Aww well, better late then nevah;)

message 26: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Don't worry twinie they are plenty of good books I put of reading!

Look I found twin bananas

Nomes we all put off reading books. i have had one book just sitting in my TBR since January ~ no idea why i never pick the thing up :/

~Tina~ Nic wrote: "Look I found twin bananas "

OMG those are totally are naners!! lol

LOL Nomes, I do it all the time as well, but I get mad since I could have been reading great books and I never knew it >.<

Nomes I am going to wipe out any book that has been in my TBR longer than 6 months by the end of this year (well, that's my personal goal ~ fingers crossed). I feel sorry for them lingering around ~

~Tina~ That's funny, since that's exactly what I did before the move. Sold/gave away the books that I didn't think I'd ever read since it's been on my shelf (at home) for years:p I kept the good ones though...or hopeful good ones;)

Nomes I will do the same. either read them (finally) or get rid of them altogether and move on. I did it a little recently and got through ten books in a couple of days by just flicking through the first few chapters.

i felt so much lighter afterwards :)

(i can't figure out where to sell my books :/ )

~Tina~ I usually have a yard sale or donate them to my lib or just give them to my friends/niece. It feels better knowing I have more room on my shelf for more books later on and it makes the books that I do have stand out more:)

Miakoda Haha. I just bought this from Australia for 50 bucks including shipping haha. I need the paperback even thou I have a copy from netgalley hehe. Release date is to faraway.

~Tina~ I'll admit, I'm a bit of a cover-lover. I don't like the Aussie cover much...even though it's PERFECT, but I really like this one so I'm gonna wait it out. It's a story I wont soon forget though:)

Miakoda Oh don't get me wrong. I think the US cover is great! But I've read a couple pages of this(I'm loving it too much)and I'd feel so much happier to be reading the story from the actual paperback.
I'm kind of a weirdo... :D

message 16: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Twinie, you review is perfect!!!!

Thebookbutterfly I love this review! :)

Nomes @ Miakoda ~ you can get free international shipping on Aussie books from fishpondworld.com (and graffiti moon would cost no more than $20 that way ;)

The Aussie edition is different ~ I know Cath's US agent had her make changes ~ so it is cool you are reading the Aussie edition <3

Nomes Tina ~ your review is seriously awesome <3

and I am SO glad you decided to read it.

Arlene Wonderful review Tina!! I can't wait to read this book. :) So glad you loved it.

~Tina~ Miakoda- I know what you mean hun. I like reading on my computer, but it's even better when it's an actual book in my hands. Nothing can beat that;)

Thanks Twinie!! I really should have just read it a long time ago:( For shame.

Thebookbutterfly- Thanks so much!:)

Nomes- Thankies:) Is the Aussie version different story-wise? Your getting me curious now o.o lol

Arlene!! Read this, Read this, Read this!! ~bonces~

Alexa I'm really happy you loved this, Tina! :D Awesome review!

~Tina~ It keeps playing in my head. I really loved it! Thankies:)

Miakoda Nomes wrote: "@ Miakoda ~ you can get free international shipping on Aussie books from fishpondworld.com (and graffiti moon would cost no more than $20 that way ;)

The Aussie edition is different ~ I know Cath'..."

Oh. Well you see, I searched a few popular sites where I can by aussie books online and when I heard about fishpondworld.com I was glad until I saw the reviews. They're HORRIBLE and I didn't want to end up getting the book delivered the same day it comes out on the USA haha. I told myself "Girl stop being cheep!" XD

I ended up buying from Dymocks. But trust me, if it wasn't for the bad reviews, I'd be glad to be cheep hah!

Miakoda Hold up! They edited AU Graffiti Moon as it came to the USA? Now I must read the story from both countries haha.

By the way. Has anyone used fishpondworld.com for deliveries overseas? I'm curious about their service. Are they really that bad as people say?

P.S Tina, your review is encouraging. I can't wait to read Graffiti Moon!

~Tina~ Thanks Miakoda:) I hope you enjoy it!

Amber Awesome review!! Girl, I'm reading this now and I can't quit laughing!! Some of the stuff they say is priceless. I'm loving it!!

~Tina~ Yup! They have some great zingers in this one. Glad your enjoying hun!

Miakoda I just finished the book and it was as good as I thought it would be. My fav of 2011 so far :)

Amber Miakoda wrote: "I just finished the book and it was as good as I thought it would be. My fav of 2011 so far :)"

That's great to hear. I'm loving it so far.

~Tina~ Yay's! So glad to year it Miakoda!:)