Sonia's Reviews > Out of Sight, Out of Time

Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter

Nov 15, 13

Read from March 14, 2012 to November 12, 2013

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! *breath* ok love. Love love this book!!!! Could not put it down!!!!! Cammie great!! Bex well bex!! Macey fashionista!!! Liz cute!!!
Zach (ooohhhh Zach) one word WOW!!! <3 Ally Carter strikes again!!!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of Sight, Out of Time.

Quotes Sonia Liked

Ally Carter
“Now I know that, from this point on, we'll be the ones doing the chasing.
And Iike it.”

Ally Carter
“And I remember "normal" might never be the same again.”

Ally Carter
“Zach,” I said as I lay there “Where did you go? When you were looking for me?”
I shifted in his arms, looked into his eyes.
“Crazy.” His voice was a whisper against my skin. “I went crazy.”

Ally Carter
“Townsend shrugged. 'With all due respect to the good doctor, I highly suspect he's a moron,”

“So you just...left?'

Zach huffed. 'All the cool kids are doing it.”

Ally Carter
“Excuse me, Abigail, but whose shift did she get away during?' Townsend asked with a glare.

'Excuse me, Townsend, but who was supposed to booby-trap the doors?'

'I'm an agent of Her Majesty's Secret Service,' Townsend said, indignant. 'I do not do booby traps.”

Ally Carter
“Is Joe your father, Zach?'

I don't know where the question came from, but it was out, and I couldn't take it back even if I'd wanted to.

'No.' Zach shook his head. 'I never knew my dad. I don't know anything about him.”

Ally Carter
“Look at the way the walls curve,' Macey said, her gaze panning around the strangely shaped room. 'it's almost like...'

'The library,' Liz said, and immediately I knew that she was right. It was exactly like the library at the Gallagher Academy, from the position of the fireplace to the tall windows that overlooked the grounds.

'How do you know?' Zach asked.

Liz looked totally insulted. 'Because...uh...library.'

'Okay.' Zach threw up his hands. 'Point taken.”

Ally Carter
“Excuse me, but aren't boys forbidden on this floor?' Macey said on our way to the suite.

'That's the advantage of being the only boy,' he (Zach) said. 'No one actually comes right out and makes rules like that.”

Ally Carter
“Good-bye Dr. Steve,' I said, then climbed the stairs and went to the fifth floor to die.”

Ally Carter
“You know,' I whispered, 'some girls might think it's creepy having a boy watch them sleep.'

He smirked and pointed to himself. 'Spy.'

'Oh.' I nodded. 'Right. So you're a trained Peeping Tom.'

'Product of the best peeping academies in the country.'

'Well, now I feel much better.'

'You should.”

Ally Carter
“Life is classified. There is always so much that goes unsaid.”

Ally Carter
“Of course. Because at the Gallagher Academy, "precautions" usually equals "voluntary shock therapy.”

“Do
you know what pain is, Cammie? It’s the
body’s physical response to imminent harm.
It is the mind’s way of telling us to move our
hand off the stove or let go of the broken
glass.”

Ally Carter
“Whatever pain meds Dr. Steve was taking for his shoulder, they must have been the strong ones. I mean the really strong ones, because he had gotten two of his shirt buttons in the wrong holes, spilled coffee all over his sling, and he was grinning like he was six years old and someone had just given him a puppy.”

Ally Carter
“Abby must have been the one who found the safe house, because Townsend didn't like it.

"The building across the street is under construction," he snarled as soon as we'd carried our bags inside.

"The elevator has key card access, and I've hacked into the surveillance cameras from every system on the block," Abby argued. "We have a three-hundred-sixty-degree visual."

"Excellent." Townsend dropped his bag. "Now the circle can see us from every angle."

"Don't mind Agent Townsend, girls," Abby told us. "He's a glass-half-empty kind of spy."

"Also known as the good kind," he countered.

Abby huffed.”

Ally Carter
“I'm an agent of Her Majesty's Secret Service. I do not do booby traps.”

Ally Carter
“Listen to me." He grabbed my arms, holding me there. " I couldn't find you. And I will never forgive myself for that. Ever.”

Ally Carter
“Time, Ms. McHenry," Townsend said. "It can be a cruel, cruel thing”

Ally Carter
“I'm fine I said for the 2,467th time this semester. (I know. I was keeping count)”

Ally Carter
“You are back, Cam. Which means for the first time since you left, it's okay for us to be mad at you for leaving.

- Macey”

Ally Carter
“You might think being the target of an international terrorist organization, an amnesiac, and a girl with hair dyed in the middle of the night by Macey McHenry would make people stare at you. Well, try walking into the Grand Hall with seriously puffy eyes while holding hands. With a boy.”

Ally Carter
“It's not Cam's fault," Bex told her. "We rigged her bed so that if she gets up, I get an electric shock."

"Liz designed it," Macey said, and Bex shrugged

"We told you we were taking precautions."

Of course. Because at Gallagher Academy, "precautions" usually equals "voluntary shock therapy".”

Ally Carter
“You get some sleep, Abigail," Townsend told her. "I'll keep watch."

"That's very gracious of you, but being that we're on an airplane..."

Even after the plane took off, they kept debating security perimeters and protocols. I'm pretty sure they argued for forty-five minutes about where the best place for cappuccino was near the Colosseum.”

Ally Carter
“So you're Zach." Townsend didn't even try to hide the judgement in his voice as he looked Zach up and down in some sort of silent but dangerous examination.

Zach huffed but smiled. "so you're Townsend."

The two of them stared for a long time, wordless. It felt like I was watching a documentary on the Nature Channel, something about alpha males in the wild.”

Ally Carter
“Don’t mind me,” I said. “I’m just the person who tried to rob the place last July.”

“No, you diddn’t,” Abby said, appearing on the roof. She was wearing a trim suit and tall black boots. Her hair was pulled into a sleek ponytail at the nape of her neck, and either i was imagining things or Townsend wasn’t quite as good a spy as I thought, because I could have sworn I saw him drool a little.

Note to self: your aunt is a hottie.”

“Covert Operations Report
At approximately 0900 hours on Saturday, October 14, Operative Morgan was given a stern lecture by Agent Townsend, a tracking device by Agent Cameron, and a very scary look from Operative Goode. (She also got a tip that her bra strap was showing from Operative McHenry.)

The Operative then undertook a basic reconnaissance mission inside a potentially hostile location. (But it wasn't as hostile as Operative Baxter was going to be if everything didn't go according to plan.)”

Ally Carter
“I also packed explosives."

-Liz”

Ally Carter
“The older I got, the smarter my teachers became.”

Ally Carter
“As Buckingham talked, I couldn't help but remember that there's a reason they call us Gallagher Girls. It's not just because the youngest of us are twelve. It's also because our founder was under twenty. From the very beginning we have been discounted and discredited, underestimated and undervalued. And, for the most part, we wouldn't have it any other way.”

Ally Carter
“He was beside me then, his arms wrapped around me, holding me tightly.

"I'm not crazy," I whispered.

"I know."

Believe it or not, that's the most romantic thing Zachary Goode ever told me.

And I kind of loved him for it.”

Ally Carter
“Waiting. Like it or not, it's a skill all spies have to master eventually.”

Ally Carter
“Waffles. Im craving waffles."
Bex rolled onto her side. "Tell your waffles hi for me.”

Ally Carter
“But I wasn't the girl I'd been when I left, and I knew it.”

Ally Carter
“Acting like you don’t care is a whole lot easier when you don’t care”

Ally Carter
“Tell me Zach.” I don’t know if it was the wind or the adrenaline, but I shivered. “And don’t lie to me.”

Ally Carter
“Because death is the only thing that could have ever kept him from you.”

11/06/2013 marked as: currently-reading