Joe Hempel's Reviews > Ancestor

Ancestor by Scott Sigler

Mar 15, 2011

Read in March, 2011

This book is intended for mature readers, it contains adult situations, and lots AND LOTS of VIOLENCE. So if you're easily offended, I would shut the book now PUSSAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

That's the ONLY thing I missed from the book compared to the podcast. Don't know, that line there just gets you pumped up for a listening experience.

I've read the first rendition from Dragon Moon Press, and I will say that this is a much tighter, better edited, and well produced piece of work.

The Ancestors are the earliest of incarnations of existence. Bred for Organ Xeno-transplantation for humans, to help those that are needing transplants, so they don't have to wait, it seems to be on obvious solution. Unless what is produced gene by gene, DNA strand by DNA strand, creates the most basic of human instinct in a 500 pound monster..survival..hunting...eating.

A gruesome tale, with yes, lots and lots of violence! Well thought out characters, each with their own unique voice, and suspense by the bucketfull, will keep you reading well into the night.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ancestor.