Von P.'s Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

May 03, 14

bookshelves: favorite, young-adult, owned
Read from December 10, 2011 to January 11, 2012

This book had been sitting on my shelf months old and when The Clockwork Prince came out, I immediately devoured The Clockwork Angel. After finishing it, all I can say was, what a brilliant, inescapable world this was. Cassandra Clare had done it again. She masterfully combined Victorian London with her Shadowhunters, plus some steam punk automatons, and a love triangle; who would ever thought that a great story will emerge. I couldn’t ask for more!

The setting was brilliantly plotted, perhaps, the world as a whole. Clare did a really good job on researching and creating this Victorian version of the world of Shadowhunters.

I have been drawn to the intricate world of Shadowhunters since The Mortal Instruments series. But this book had me drawn to it more even dwell in it if it’s possible. It had really blown me away. I couldn’t keep my eyes from opening just not to miss any scenes.

The characters, as well, definitely blew me away. I thought I will not love them as much as The Mortal Instruments characters. I really did love Tessa from the roots of her hair to the tips of her toe. She’s a marvelous character to reckon for. With that power to Change and a charming face, why would not William and James vie for her love? And I also loved Clare’s addition on most characters as bookworms as expected in a kind of era they were in. But I couldn’t keep Will and Jem to be compared to Jace as the three of them are all gorgeous young men. Then there’s the ever young and vibrant Magnus Bane. He’s the one the three should fear. But then there’s Henry, he really reminded me of Ron Weasley.

On the other hand, females also made impressions to me. Jessamine reminded me of Isabelle with the same stubbornness, yet with different beliefs. Charlotte, for me, is the symbol of feminism during her time.

Overall, I loved it. Such a remarkable book with so many twists. Don’t dare miss it!

Cassandra Clare is a natural. I couldn’t wait for more of The Infernal Devices.

This review originally appears at Mr. Book Wonder.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.

12/12/2011 page 110