Vicki's Reviews > The Procrastination Equation: How to Stop Putting Things Off and Start Getting Stuff Done

The Procrastination Equation by Piers Steel

Mar 01, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, audible

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Procrastination Equation.

message 1: by Kaethe (new) - added it

Kaethe The temptation to add this to my to-read list at 17,000, knowing full well I'll never get around to it, is enormous.

Vicki Hahahahahaha! Given that p'nation is one of my worst faults, this was an interesting read. I should probably reread this one pretty regularly, in fact!

message 3: by Kaethe (new) - added it

Kaethe Yeah, clearly, it's one of my faults, too. So you think it's helpful? Is it concrete, because I do not do well with vague exhortations, I need manageable steps.

Vicki There are some steps. I may need *more* steps, as my p'nation is so entrenched, it's almost a part of my nature. But it has great insights and some good places to start. I will try to make time for a reread and do a running summary via bookmark notes & share those with you. Maybe we can be p'nation 12-stepping buddies or something!!

message 5: by Kaethe (new) - added it

Kaethe My knee-jerk reaction is "great, but I'm too busy right now." But, yes. let's try. I haven't committed to buying it, but I did download the Kindle sample (the ease and speed of that is such a help).

Vicki I <3 kindle books, but I read most of my stuff via audible now. I set that sucker on 2x speed and just slam books into my brain one after the other while I clean up, do errands, exercise, etc. That has upped my intake an insane amount! I'll fire this one up on my iphone again and will take notes this time. I need to figure out how to export my audible notes into my evernote account anyway--this is a good opportunity to figure that out.

message 7: by Kaethe (new) - added it

Kaethe I find it hard to listen to books these days: some family member is always wanting to talk to me. I'm fascinated by this futuristic talk of "audible notes" and "evernote." This will be a learning experience on more than one level.