Darlene's Reviews > Kushiel's Avatar

Kushiel's Avatar by Jacqueline Carey

Mar 01, 11

Recommended to Darlene by: My husband
Recommended for: Adults that want to travel and let love rule.
Read from February 25 to March 01, 2011, read count: 1 but I may read it again sometime.

I finally understand why my husband was so in love in Jacqueline Carey. He was so much in awe that he went to a book signing and got his copy of this book signed by this great author. For me, there hasn't been a better diet that reading her books. I have gone full days not wanting to put the book down to go and get a meal or snack. I even go thirsty forgetting that I need to drink water. And getting to sleep while in the middle of one of her stories takes more discipline than I have. Even after I move to my 'go to sleep' book and I finally crash, I dream these stories.

I have shelved these books in erotic but there is so little erotic and it is well a part of who the main character and about her worship of her gods. These books are adventure and travel and most of all about LOVE. It is love that directs the main character's choices in life.

Jacqueline Carey is a story teller. I am sold and addicted, hook, line and sinker! <--almost a spoiler, that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kushiel's Avatar.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kit (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kit I like that you recommended it for "adults that want to travel" because that's why I read these books, haha. They're so descriptive of the lands the characters travel to, and I wish I could travel, can't afford it, so I live vicariously through these books and where they go!

Darlene Me, too!