Jennifer Lavoie's Reviews > Pegasus

Pegasus by Robin McKinley

Mar 03, 11

bookshelves: books-to-read-over-and-over, classroom-library, fantasy, favorites
Recommended for: Nicole Tabak, Colleen Feeney
Read from March 01 to 03, 2011

Such a beautiful book. I was not expecting it to be what it was, but it ended up being the begining of what will be an epic story. I'm so glad there is a sequel planned because this is the most AGONIZING cliffhanger I think I've ever read.

Sylvi is such a sweet character, and is not your typical princess. She'd rather be outside doing things the others are doing. She's also very tiny compared to her family, which is a humorous sore spot for her. But the show stealer of the book is Ebon. He's so funny in his comments and mannerisms. When he first started prancing around I could picture it clearly.

That's another wonderful aspect of this book. The writing is so vivid I could picture everything as if I was there. I struggled with the pegasi langauge as Sylvi did. I could see the caves, the palace. Everything.

I don't know how I'll be able to stand the wait for the sequel.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pegasus.

03/01/2011 page 75
19.0% "Good so far, but a slow read. Sometimes the wording throws me off and I have to go back and reread it a few times."
03/02/2011 page 267
66.0% "This book makes me just wish all the more that pegasi were real. Beautiful story."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Colleen It stinks that you have to wait intill next year for the sequel.

Colleen that sounds really good

Jennifer Lavoie Colleen wrote: "that sounds really good"

It really is! Fantastic book. One of the best fantasy books I've read in a long time. The only thing that could make it better would be the presence of unicorns, lol. Waiting for the sequel is going to be agonizing.

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Tabak It's recommended for me....hehehe

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Tabak Happy birthday ms lavoie!!!!!!!

Colleen wait its her birthday? if it is happy birthday ms. lavoie

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Tabak I wouldn't go through all that trouble on my iPod to do this on this review if it wasn't!