Lisarenee's Reviews > River Marked

2038272
Mar 04, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own, urban-fantasy
Read from March 01 to 03, 2011

"My life used to be normal," I told his shoulder. "I got up. Went to work. Fixed a few cars, paid a few bills, and no one tried to kill me. My father was dead; my mother was six hours away by car-I could even manage to make that trip last eight or nine hours if I worked at it."

"Argued with your back-fence neighbor," Adam said, his voice very gentle.

"And watched him when he wasn't looking," I agreed. "Because every once in a while, especially after a full moon hunt, he'd forget that I could see in the dark, and he'd run around naked in the backyard."

"He laughed silently. "I never forgot you could see in the dark," he admitted. page 212

Well, I for one am glad Mercy's life isn't boring. lol

"There was once a place where a band of Indians lived. 'Don't go to that village; they are marked by the river,' the people would say. 'If you go there, you will not come back. They will feed you to the river.' All the people of that village wore a brown mark on their bodies, and obeyed the hungry river in all things." Page 180

A creature lurks in the water of the Columbia Gorge. It preys on people. If it doesn't eat you it'll mark you as it's own. You'll be River Marked.

In this one Mercy and Adam will need to figure out what is killing the people in the water of the Columbia Gorge. River Marked is jammed packed with a lot of things fans (like me) have been waiting for. *jumps up and down and does a happy dance* Mercy gets married and finds out a about her heritage and father, and meets a man who is and isn't her father.

Would have liked a little more information about Mercy's father, but perhaps that will be in the next book?

A Bonus for everyone:
A link to the Maryhill Museum of Art website:

Picture of Stonehenge (of Maryhill) in Goldendale, Washington:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read River Marked.

03/02/2011 page 100
28.0% "Looking to be another great book. Must get back to the story."