Diana's Reviews > Stars Collide

Stars Collide by Janice  Thompson

Mar 01, 11

Like all of Thompson’s books this one will make you laugh. Not as much as the others she’s written, but you’ll still find many parts funny. There’s a zany grandmother who dresses in clothes worn by Elizabeth Taylor and other older famous movie stars. She also plays a game of movie quotes with her granddaughter throughout the book. Loved that!

The setting for this adventure is unlikely but oh how I wish it were true! It’s a TV show based on family values and morals! The two main characters of the sitcom run a talent agency and are encouraged by the child actors to fall in love. The off-stage couple Kat Jennings and Scot Murphy find themselves playing the part in real life as well. Confusion becomes chaos when Kat’s grandmother—a long ago Hollywood eccentric star—thinks the wedding planned for the show is a real wedding.

Despite its sad undertones of the grandmother’s failing mental health I enjoyed this book. And wouldn’t you know it? That hunk Brock Benson, from previous books, shows up in this book too. Janice Thompson when will we get to see him fall in love? Soon I hope.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stars Collide.