Donna's Reviews > Murder in Clichy

Murder in Clichy by Cara Black

Mar 05, 11

bookshelves: mysteries, mysteries-international, mysteries-police-pi-forensics
Read in March, 2011

Aimee and Rene are back in the 5th in this series and Paris again comes alive in this complex mystery set in the Clichy neighborhood. French involvement in Indochina may have been decades ago but old crimes resurface and valuable historic jade is the prize. Absolutely everyone wants the missing jade – Indochina war veterans, the French secret service, wealthy ex-colonials, drug runners, and international oil companies – and Aimee reluctantly but desperately must find it.

Readers new to the series may be slightly confused by some missing back story and there may have been one too many suspects in the theft but overall this is a solid mystery with interesting history in a fascinating city. I look forward to my next visit.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder in Clichy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Soho Press Hey! Nice to see you reading this. It's one of my favorite of Cara's, because I really like that she's remembering the colonization of Vietnam. Have you read other Aimee Leducs?

Donna I've read a few others,alll of them are on my TBR pile, and really enjoyed the setting in Paris. I've met Cara at an author event at my local bookstore and loved the stories behind the writing. Some were very funny.

Soho Press I know, she's really hilarious. She was telling me a story about writing Passy (the newest) that involved actually faking an identity a la Aimee Leduc to trick someone into giving her a tour.

Donna The story I remember had to do with standing on the tank of a toilet (I think) in very high heeled boots to see if she really could get to a window. I may have the story a bit wrong but I still remember it.

Soho Press Hahaha that's AWESOME. I'm going to ask her which book that was regarding. (Maybe Latin Quarter? I remember an escape via toilet in that one...) :D

Elli 'gotta try it! Sounds really interesting!