Kristy's Reviews > Living Dead Girl

Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

May 06, 11

bookshelves: i-think-you-should-read-this, on-the-road-again
Read in May, 2011

Street Corner TBR Challenge.
May pick #1, per Tina!!!

Wow, Oh Wow. W.O.W.
This is a story about child abduction, told from the child's point of view. It is haunting. It is disturbing, but it is not too graphic for those of you who are weak at heart on such subjects. It is so very sad to get inside the mind of this poor little girl-who is now 15. Mentally, in some areas she is still so very young- but in other ways she is way older than 15. The way this is written makes is impossible to put down. Everything is short and to the point. It is a refreshing way of reading. My only complaint is the ending....

**spoiler***
Why did she not go back to her parents??? I just can't wrap my mind around it... Was the "brother" a creeper too? But the last page says "I am free"..... Is it symbolic? Did i miss something huge here?!?!?

Even if the subject matter doesn't sound appealing to you, I highly suggest you to give this one a go. I literally read the whole thing in under 2 hours, so it's not going to waste your time.

This is a RARE 5 STARER!!! *****
Read it. Don't make me chant it!!!!!

Sidenote; I hadn't really read the synopsis on this one, so I was very suprised this wasn't a zombie story... in a good way! Yes, I know I'm ridiculous!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Living Dead Girl.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lora From what I've heard, this is vastly different than Scott's other novels. I've liked all of the books I've read from her, though.

Interested to see what you think and happy reading. :)

Katie My interpretation of "I'm free" was that she died.

Kristy Oh.... Hmmmmmm. You're probably right.

Greta is Erikasbuddy I adored this book!! So, happy that you did too!!

Awesome review!

Kristy Its one of the best I've read this year, such a powerful little book!

Greta is Erikasbuddy Kristy wrote: "Its one of the best I've read this year, such a powerful little book!"

Its definately original!! I super loved all of it!!

If you like that book then you'd probably like anything by Laura Weiss. She writes stuff like that too.

Kristy Ooooohh, thanks. Looking into it now!!!!

Greta is Erikasbuddy How it ENDS is my fav fav book by her!! Its sooo real and awesome! You'll lovers it. It starts off kinda slow but by the end you are SUCKED IN!

Her book Such a Pretty Girl is similar to Living Dead Girl. Living Dead Girl is better... but you should totally check out HOW IT ENDS.

She's really good at writing shocking real life stuff!

Arlene I feel the part where she said "I'm free" was too open-ended. It could either be that she died or that she got away. I don't think she went back to her parents because of the fear that her abuctor instilled in her. It was insane. My brain is still haunted by this one. :/

message 10: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Still to chicken to read this, but so glad you enjoyed!

Kristy you should read it!!!

message 12: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Arlene and Kim told me not too :p LOL But I did get the highlights for this one, so I'm good;)

Jessica Hmm, Nomes picked this for me for the challenge as well...I don't know if I have the guts to read it ^^

Kristy It's worth it... it's only like 150 pages or so!! It's so fast and sooooooooooooooo worth it!!

message 15: by ~Tina~ (last edited May 09, 2011 06:16AM) (new)

~Tina~ Your stronger then I am and everyone say's it's amazing, Jess. The girls just know it's not my ideal for an escape, so they told me not to read it:)

Kristy yeah, it's not an 'escape' book at all!!!!

Arlene Tina, knowing your preferences and what you enjoy, I have to say I stick to my original recommendation of not reading this one. There are some book that shock the hale out of you and you end up feeling it was so worth reading the book, but this one is so daunting and disturbing that even though it definitely deserves 5 stars, I can see how some people will mentally cringe and come undone because of the content. It was a really tough one for me to get over.

message 18: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Exactly Arlene! You always have my back and you don't know how grateful I am for that. There are certain books I can and can't take and I'm just glad that you and the other Bookers know me well enough to know what I can and can't handle:) ~hugs~