Nix's Reviews > Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior by Jennifer Lane

Mar 26, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read in March, 2011 — I own a copy

This sequel does NOT disappoint! Bad Behavior takes off right where With Good Behavior ended: Grant and Sophie are sharing an apartment and Sophie’s big mouth has landed them in couple’s counseling as a condition of their parole. It’s the aftermath of the dramatic climax of With Good Behavior and Grant and Sophie still have a lot to learn about each other – and themselves.

We get to know them a little deeper (by being a fly on the wall during their therapy sessions); their strengths and weaknesses. Two essentially good people with (understandable) imperfections, determined to maintain a healthy relationship with each other despite the past and the effect that it’s had on each of them. It’s gratifying to watch the individuals, and couple, grow during the course of the book.

There are familiar faces (like Ben, Rog, Jerry, Marilyn, Joe, Will, Enzo, Angelo, “Tank”, “Meat”, Kirsten and Hunter); new jobs/careers; interesting new characters and storylines ..…and insidious people from the past who just won’t let go!

Bad Behavior has some startling twists and turns that I did NOT see coming! (and I’m usually pretty good at predicting these things!) As in With Good Behavior, Jennifer Lane’s perceptive and entertaining writing style morphs into some pulse-racing action as the book draws to a close.

I loved the ending! The storylines are satisfyingly resolved, yet it’s also clear that Jennifer Lane has something clever up her sleeve for the third installment of The Conduct Series, “On Best Behavior”. (see the extract of On Best Behavior at the end of this book :)

5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Behavior.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Lane Loved this review, Nixette! Darn those "insidious people from the past that won't let go". :D

Eleanore I could not agree more !

message 3: by Cilou6 (last edited Jun 17, 2011 06:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cilou6 I agree!Can I copy and paste your review as my own?

:D

*Will review it "one day"*

message 4: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Lane It's a wonderful review, but Cilou, you need to write your OWN review. Get cracking! Ha ha.

message 5: by Jennifer (new) - added it