Kristine's Reviews > The DSLR Field Guide

The DSLR Field Guide by Michael Freeman

Mar 10, 11

bookshelves: firstreads-netgalley, non-fic, photography, i-own
Read in March, 2011

I won this on goodreads - I believe it will go in my camera bag, since it is a "field guide". Really excited for a reference guide, though.

I got this in the mail today and read most of it - it's divided into two sections "The Digital Environment" and "Image Editing". Since I didn't have my camera out I scanned the editing portion, as that will be more useful the more I practice shooting.

I can't believe how much I learned just in 60 minutes, though. I've had a goal of starting to get more serious about photography - rather than just being a mom with a DSLR who took one class in college understands how to shoot in manual. I'd like to practice enough that I could actually be GOOD at it. That of course will take practice, and I think throwing this little book (literally 6x4 inches) in the camera bag would help. I'm actually interested in more landscape/macro photography than people - and this little book could help me get on my way.

I probably learned more about how a camera works in the first 20 pages than my last 5 years of workshops and online classes I've taken. The sensor, image processor, dynamic range, creating HDR images, etc. I like how explanations are given for PC and mac. Cool.

Useful little book. Thanks!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The DSLR Field Guide.