Ni_kii's Reviews > Extreme Exposure

Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare

Apr 21, 11

bookshelves: alpha-male, dreamy-men, steamy, strong-female-charcter, romantic-suspense

Kara is a hot-shot investigative reporter who is struggling to balance her work with the upbringing of her son. Reece is a idealistic senator, who just wants to make the world of politics less corrupt. When they first meet in a bar, Kara has had one too many margarita's and catches Reece's attention with her loose lipped sexual questions (my favourite being "Do women really taste like tuna?). Reece is hooked immeidiately, and does everything that he can to woo the dubious reporter.

In the land of work, Kara recieves a tip from a whistle-blower, telling her of illegal waste dumping by a big cement company. She begins to investigate, but immeidiately someone starts making her life a tad more difficult. She begins receiving phone-calls, her house is broken into and, ultimately, there are attempts on her life. Reece tries to help the best he can but she won't tell him anything about what she is working on, stating she has to protect her sources! Eventually he manages to discover what the case is that is causing all the hassle, unfortunately the more he involves himself in her problems, the worse the situation becomes for him too. Together they have to work out who the bad guys are to save Kara's life and Reeces repuation, which makes for a fantastic suspense novel with lots of sexual chemistry.

This was a fantastic first novel and made me want to read more. I liked Kara, but Reece was a little too perfect for me (I prefer my hero's tortured and scarred :D) There were plenty of sparks between the two and the sex scenes were just yummy! The pace was amazing and there was plenty of humour to detract from the intensity of the danger and remind the reader that, ultimately, this is a romance. Best scene is the "purple jiggle stick" scene where Kara's little boy runs around the house with her vibrator, on the evening that Reece comes to pick her up for their first date!

A fab book one!!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Extreme Exposure.

Quotes Ni_kii Liked

Pamela Clare
“She had just pulled her dress coat from it's hanger when Connor came bouncing out of her bedroom and down the hallway with something in his hand.

"Mommy, what's this jiggle stick?"

She looked up to see her son standing not two feet away from Reece with her purple jelly vibrator in his hand. And he was shaking it, making it waggle back and forth.”
Pamela Clare, Extreme Exposure