Amy Plum's Reviews > Starcrossed

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

3198634
Mar 11, 11

Read in March, 2011

WOW!!! I really loved this book. Just finished it a few hours ago, and my mind keeps dragging me back to go over one detail or another. I love characters whose personalities aren't clear-cut black or white - ones who are motivated by both good and evil. And Josie's addition of the Furies makes this possible.

I love the fact that she takes ideas from ancient literature and molds them into something that works well in a contemporary story. Placing the story on the island of Nantucket is pure genius in so many (untold) ways. We are left hanging at the end, but I don't mind it in this case because I still have so much to mull over in this book. (And a year to re-read the Iliad so that I'll be up to par on all of the back-stories.) That is not to say I won't be doing everything I can to wrangle an advance copy of Book 2!

I am proud to say that Josie and I will be traveling together on the Dark Days of Summer tour. I can't wait to meet her and congratulate her in person on STARCROSSED.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starcrossed.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Olga Thank You for liking this book. I do not know why people have to say like all these things were overkills in the book. well, if we are going to talk about overkills, lets talk about how much i hate robert pattinson in twilight. honest to God, find a better guy. the movie just killed my appreciation for twilight books after watching the movies.