Emily Werner's Reviews > Bottled Up

Bottled Up by Jaye Murray

F_50x66
Feb 28, 11

Read in February, 2011

Bottled up is a novel about a 16 year old boy 'Pip' who was brought up into a dysfunctional family. With a pill-popping mother, an alcoholic father, and a naive younger brother. His abusive lifestyle shows through his actions. From smoking weed all the time and skipping class daily, the school finally got tired of playing his games and hearing his excuses. The principal had "black mailed" Pip into counseling by giving him the option of being expelled or going through counseling. Pip may have seemed like a fearless teenager until he realizes his father wouldn't approve. "I want to not be afraid"(pg 120) Pip said talking about his abusive father. After counseling he realized what a horrible path he had taken but refuses to change his ways. When he said "I want to know what it's like to wake up in the morning and be glad I did."(pg 44) was when he knew his life needed a change, but didn't know how to approach it. Pip's addictions and strength sent a message out that made this fictional novel, so realistic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bottled Up.