C.E. Grundler's Reviews > We Are Not Alone: The Writer's Guide to Social Media

We Are Not Alone by Kristen Lamb

Feb 28, 11

Read in January, 2011

Although I've blogged for years, when it came to social platforms I had no idea where to begin. Time was a limited commodity and I needed a way to get up to speed fast. A few books I found focused on social networking as merely new platform to throw the traditional "buy this widget" approach at the masses. Books aren't widgets. Books are thoughts and ideas. There had to be another way... and then I found Kristen Lamb's "We Are Not Alone."

For a social-media introvert, Kristen Lamb's book provided me priceless guidance I needed. Kristen shows the hows and whys of marketing in a light-hearted, often laugh-out-loud manner that makes her lessons a delight. These days a social presence is essential, but the type of image you project is equally as vital. Kristen leads you through the steps needed to properly brand yourself. (And if you don't know what that means, all the more reason to read this book.) For any writer trying to reach readers, her book is a must-read and one I highly recommend. Trust me, it will be money well-spent. And above and beyond her book, her blog offers regular installments of insight, guidance and humor. And the best part, in my opinion, is that her entire philosophy is based upon the concept of the more we reach out, the more we help one another, (her barn-raising analogy the other day says it perfectly) the more we all benefit. It's such a positive, uplifting approach, one that rewards you with new friendships and connections even as you reach new readers and gain fans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Are Not Alone.