Jasprit's Reviews > The Day Before

The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder

May 20, 2011

bookshelves: out-2011, read-in-2011, verse, romance, ya, contemporary, arc-galley
Read on May 18, 2011

(4.5 stars)

I don’t really have the words to describe what I felt about The day before, other than it was simply beautiful.

Fate brings Amber and Cade to meet at the aquarium; both characters are dealing with their own problems and just want a day to escape from them. However what starts off as a chance meeting ends up providing an unforgettable day for both, the day before their lives will significantly change.

The day before was written in verse, this was a first for me and I thought that I would find it quite awkward to read, but I found myself flying through the pages. Lisa Schroeder did an amazing job; her writing was alluring, poignant and so beautiful. There were so many wonderful quotes that I wish I could have put in this review.

If you haven’t read The day before, I would definitely recommend that you do, as it’s one of those books which remains lingering on your mind for a while afterwards.
11 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Day Before.

05/18/2011 page 88

message 1: by Flannery (new) - added it

Flannery I usually avoid books in verse but you really made me want to give it a try. Great review, Jasprit:)

Jasprit Thanks Flannery, you should definitely try it, it was quite a sad book, but I enjoyed it!

message 3: by Nic (new) - added it

Nic I NEED to read this! Wonderful review Jasprit :)

Jasprit Thanks Nic, I think its still avaialble to read on galleygrab :)

♥Rachel♥ Great review as always Jasprit. I want to read this but I hope it's not a sad ending. :)

Jasprit thanks Rachel I think you will really like this one. Parts of it are quite sad so just keep some tissues nearby :)

Brandi This book was beautifully written. I like how they both end up at the same beach and dealing with the same problems. There were many quotes that I loved in this book. Great review!