General H. Sassafras's Reviews > Red Dragon

Red Dragon by Thomas Harris

Feb 27, 2011

bookshelves: best-of-the-best, favorites
Read in August, 2001

By far the best out of the series of Hannibal Lecter, one of the sexiest men whoever didn't live.

While Silence of the Lambs was wonderful, Hannibal was romantic and Hannibal Rising fascinating (though don't get me even started on that weeaboo crap) -- Red Dragon was the most captivating.

Twisting and turning through the corridors with the agent who captured the nefarious Hannibal the Cannibal, we get something that may genuinely strike a little to close to home for people. What devious and seemingly innocuous action could link the brutal murders of two completely unrelated families? What morbid fascination with life could our murdering friend have that compels him to place shards of glass in the orbital sockets of his victims?

Based off of my millions of 5 star reviews, I'd imagine that it seems that I'm easily impressed. It's far more accurate to say that what I like, I REALLY like - and what I don't, I don't bore you with. This, however, is amazing beyond belief. If you love thrillers, crime novels and genuine surprises, you must read Red Dragon.

Word.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Dragon.