Eileen Dougherty's Reviews > A Wrinkle in Time

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

Feb 10, 08

bookshelves: child-at-heart
Read in January, 2007

As a child, this book opened up new worlds to me, quite literally almost, that I had never imagined. Madeline L'Engle became a goddess who guided me through the imagination using science as a light. Not that I grew up to be a rocket scientist or anything, but this book really electrifies the mind with its possibilities and bends preconceivced thought regarding reality, devotion and love. Last year, I read it again to my son. It was a new discovery to re-read it as an adult as well as being able to witness its magic working on my son.
One of the most wonderful qualities of this book is its treatment of children. They are not to be "seen and not heard" nor are they swept aside by the adults. They are valuable, intellgent, in fact quite gifted, quirky and excruciatingly brave.
There are so many layers to this intelligent and beautiful book that appeal to all ages. Madeline L'Engle is a master of literature. If you missed this book as a child, I urge you to read it again as an adult.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wrinkle in Time.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

James Webster I was puzzled by her obvious attraction to science, yet also her proclivity for mucking around in sentimental religious blather at times.