Felicia's Reviews > Armed & Magical

Armed & Magical by Lisa Shearin

May 06, 08

bookshelves: vaginal-fantasy, urban-paranormal
Recommended for: urban paranormal fans, questers
Read in May, 2008

Yet again Raine charms and delights me and forces me to stay up until 2am reading and then pouting because I can't pick up the next one immediately.

I love this series, it is everything I love to read, and everything I'd love to write. Virtually continuous from the last book, it follows Raine adventuring anew with yummy romantic triangles and lots of fun fighting.

The author writes with an enthusiasm and a sense of humor that is in no way forced and incredibly infectious. This is a classic adventure novel with fun characters and an inventive fantasy environment. If you like any urban paranormal books, or the old D&D books or Buffy, then definitely try this series. It's like eating cotton candy!

The only negative thing I want to say is that I was wanting Raine to have a little more introspection, a little deeper character and reflection in some moments between kicking ass, just to fill her out (and especially with the love triangle going on, how does she feel about these guys?!?!) Otherwise, perfect!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Armed & Magical.