Michele Lee's Reviews > Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds

Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty... by Dav Pilkey

Apr 11, 11

bookshelves: 2011, childrens-middlegrade, reviewed
Read in February, 2011

We love the Captain Underpants books here, the kids for their silliness (and yes, gross humor) and the parents because these books have gotten our autistic son excited about reading and more importantly talking about reading, like no other. He eagerly snatches up the new book and runs over to show us which new sign Harold and George are going to mix up and turn into something gross this time. We've even caught him reading his Captain Underpants books—by choice!

Now our daughter loves reading—anything--so getting her engaged isn't as hard. She, too, loves these books for their high giggle factor.

In this third book (intimidatingly titled “Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space (and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds)” ) finally brings Harold and George, creators of both the comic and real Captain Underpants and major prankster, into full hero roles as one of their pranks (a sciency one!) leads to them being the only students not turned into evil zombie nerds by alien invaders. So they and their principal, Mr. Krupp as his heroic alter ego, Captain Underpants, must save the world, and the school, from total destruction.

Despite their sometimes destructive and often naughty ways it's stories like this which prove Harold and George and sweeties (and heroes) at heart. This is probably our favorite Captain Underpants story so far.

Recommended for: 6-12
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds.