Alysse's Reviews > Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 05

Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 05 by QuinRose

May 14, 2015

bookshelves: form-manga, genre-fantasy, genre-romance, demographic-shoujo
Read in February, 2011

This series follows a girl named, you guessed it, Alice. This is an adaptation of Alice in Wonderland, but this Alice isn't as much of a doormat like the orginal tale. She's much more practical and cynical. On top of that, she never even followed the "White Rabbit" into Wonderland in the first place, she was kidnapped. This Wonderland is filled with mostly bishie characters that have to play the roles of this world's classic inhabitants: The White Rabbit, the Hatter, the Queen of Hearts, the March Hare, the Doormouse, the Cheshire Cat, and more. Alice is dragged into a game where people can pull guns out of thin air and life isn't taken as seriously. On top of all that, all the "placeholders" are supposed to fall in love with any person from outside. Just what is going to happen in this girly and slightly violent game?

Personally, I find this series rather amusing. This Alice certainly is different from some of her previous incarnations. Also enjoyed the characters' roles in Wonderland. The Hatters are a mafia family, there is of course the Castle of Hearts, and then there is Gowland's amusement park. These three regions are all feuding, with the clock tower as the only neutral place. Honestly, I never expected Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum to be mafia. The most interesting part probably is how death works in this different world. Tick-tock, Tick-tock...
This is the final volume in the manga series, Perhaps they will start one based on the next game in the series as well? Either way, I started playing this game, and is pretty different than most otome games, which reading the series has revealed earlier. I'm not that into visual novels, yet I am enjoying works by Quin-Rose.

Based off a game by Quin-Rose.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 05.