Jennifer's Reviews > Where Shadows Dance

Where Shadows Dance by C.S. Harris

Mar 24, 11

bookshelves: historical, mystery
Recommended for: historical mystery fans
Read from March 22 to 24, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I'd planned to take my time with this book. Planned to take my time and read it slowly because I know it's likely to be awhile before we get the next installment.

I started it last night at about 10:00 and finished it at about 3:00am.

So much for my big plans, huh?

Once I started reading, I literally could not force myself to stop. For me, though, it wasn't so much the mystery that kept me reading as it was for the interaction between Sebastian and Hero. While the mysteries themselves are always so well done, the main selling point for these books to me is the character interaction and development. Ms. Harris has crafted a wonderfully complex character in Sebastian St. Cyr, and Hero is proving to be the same.

(I'm putting the rest of this under a spoiler cut, though I'm not going into great detail, I do allude to some events that would be considered spoilers. Better safe than sorry, right?)

(view spoiler)
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Shadows Dance.

03/22/2011 page 1
03/23/2011 page 131
38.0% "I start reading this and when I next look at the clock two hours have flown by!"
show 1 hidden update…

Muriel I'm a huge Hero fan too and I totally loved the Sebastian/Hero stuff too, it felt like the first time we got to see them consistently interact and boy was it fun. I was a little annoyed to read the couple of interactions between Sebastian and Kat because I dreaded the author would drag the melodrama between those two further but it was nice to see how things ended between our couple in the end!

Jennifer Spaceyplum wrote: "I'm a huge Hero fan too and I totally loved the Sebastian/Hero stuff too, it felt like the first time we got to see them consistently interact and boy was it fun. I was a little annoyed to read the..."

I swear, I think I reread the last few pages of the book about six times before I decided to replace it on the shelf. I loved it sooooo much!

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Wow that is amazing that you finished the book in one evening. Is this an entire series? If so, did they all capture you like this? I might have to give this one a try.

Jennifer Keli wrote: "Wow that is amazing that you finished the book in one evening. Is this an entire series? If so, did they all capture you like this? I might have to give this one a try."

If it's something that catches my attention and holds it, it's not unusual for me to finish a book in a day or less. I just wish I had more time to sit and read like I used to. :/

And yes, it's a mystery series set in the Regency Era. I highly recommend it. This book is the 6th and latest in the series, the first is called
What Angels Fear. They're not romance novels, though they do have some romantic elements in them. I think you may enjoy them. :)