Shawna's Reviews > A Perfect Bride

A Perfect Bride by Samantha James

Jun 04, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance, historical-romance-regency, hh-across-the-tracks, hh-aristocracy-nobility-royalty, hh-social-class-wealth-matters, rt-book-reviews-top-pick, samantha-james, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, hh-pygmalion-theme, heroine-commoner-lower-class, hero-gentleman, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, heroine-destitute-poor, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, heroine-naïve-virgin-like-a-virgin, animals-matter, hero-or-heroine-illegitimate, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, 2011-reads, 5-stars-or-higher, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, best-faves-of-2011, best-top-favorites, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, fairytaleesque-bb-cinderella-theme, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, favorites, favorite-love-scenes-hottest-nookie, heartbreaking-gutwrenching-romance, hero-beta, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-mix-of-alpha-beta, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, heroine-beautiful-bombshell, heroine-i-adore, hh-rags-to-riches, i-read-own-faves-keepers, made-me-cry, star-crossed-lovers, steam-2-warm, sweet-romance-left-smile-on-my-face, best-endings-epilogues, hero-darcy-paragon-haughty-staid, pregnancy-fertility-baby-kids-drama, feel-good-read-pick-me-upper, hero-titled-wealthy-lord, favorite-romance-series, series-perfect-sterling-trilogy, hero-nice-guy-gets-the-girl, heroine-makeover, hero-starchy-loosen-up-buttons-babe, heartwarming, a-all-time-best-of-best-fave-dik
Recommended for: Fans of spirited, destitute heroines & wealthy lord pairings
Read on May 29, 2011

5+ stars – Historical/Regency Romance

This was my first read by Samantha James and I loved it! It’s definitely my favorite of the Perfect/Sterling trilogy, all of which I enjoyed. I was in desperate need of a feel-good romance, and this definitely hit the spot! It’s reminiscent of “My Fair Lady” and “Cinderella” and also reminded me a little of Julia Quinn’s An Offer From a Gentleman, which is one of my favorites in the Bridgertons series; yet the story and characters seem wholly original as well.

With an ideal combination of emotion, angst, and touching, sweet romance and a remarkable H/H who will have you cheering for their HEA, A Perfect Bride is a satisfying read. It was the “perfect” antidote for my crummy mood, which is why I’m rating it 5+ stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Bride.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Sounds good!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I'm glad this book cheered you up, Shawna. That is one of the joys of pleasure reading!

message 3: by Colleen (new) - added it

Colleen I'll have to look into this one - thanks for the review Shawna!

Shawna It was a really nice surprise and exactly what I needed! It was a great reminder of why I love romance so much.

message 5: by Shawna (last edited Jun 04, 2011 10:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shawna Thanks for the rec, Mia. I've got it on my TBR because Danielle had recommended it as well. I'm keeping an eye out for it every time I go to the used bookstore.

message 6: by Crazy4more (new) - added it

Crazy4more I'm hooked, it's on my TBR. Thanks friend!

Shawna YW, Crazy4more! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :)