Shawna's Reviews > A Perfect Bride

A Perfect Bride by Samantha James

Jun 04, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance, historical-romance-regency, hh-across-the-tracks, hh-aristocracy-nobility-royalty, hh-social-class-wealth-matters, rt-book-reviews-top-pick, author-samantha-james, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, hh-pygmalion-theme, heroine-commoner-lower-class, hero-gentleman, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, heroine-destitute-poor, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, heroine-naïve-virgin-like-a-virgin, animals-matter, hero-or-heroine-illegitimate, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, 2011-reads, 5-stars-plus, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, best-fave-reads-of-2011, best-top-favorites, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, fairytaleesque-bb-cinderella-theme, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, favorites, favorite-hottest-love-scenes-nookie, heartbreaking-gutwrenching-romance, hero-beta, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-mix-of-alpha-beta, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, heroine-beautiful-bombshell, heroine-i-adore, hh-rags-to-riches, i-read-own-faves-keepers, made-me-cry, star-crossed-lovers, steam-2-warm, sweet-romance-left-smile-on-my-face, best-endings-epilogues, hero-darcy-paragon-haughty-staid, pregnancy-fertility-baby-kids-drama, feel-good-read-pick-me-upper, hero-titled-wealthy-lord, favorite-romance-series, series-perfect-sterling-trilogy, hero-nice-guy-gets-the-girl, heroine-makeover, hero-starchy-loosen-up-buttons-babe, heartwarming, a-all-time-best-top-fave-dik-reads
Recommended for: Fans of spirited, destitute heroines & wealthy lord pairings
Read on May 29, 2011

5+ stars – Historical/Regency Romance

This was my first read by Samantha James and I loved it! It’s definitely my favorite of the Perfect/Sterling trilogy, all of which I enjoyed. I was in desperate need of a feel-good romance, and this definitely hit the spot! It’s reminiscent of “My Fair Lady” and “Cinderella” and also reminded me a little of Julia Quinn’s An Offer From a Gentleman, which is one of my favorites in the Bridgertons series; yet the story and characters seem wholly original as well.

With an ideal combination of emotion, angst, and touching, sweet romance and a remarkable H/H who will have you cheering for their HEA, A Perfect Bride is a satisfying read. It was the “perfect” antidote for my crummy mood, which is why I’m rating it 5+ stars!
23 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Bride.

03/22 marked as: read

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Sounds good!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I'm glad this book cheered you up, Shawna. That is one of the joys of pleasure reading!

message 3: by Colleen (new) - added it

Colleen I'll have to look into this one - thanks for the review Shawna!

Shawna It was a really nice surprise and exactly what I needed! It was a great reminder of why I love romance so much.

message 5: by Shawna (last edited Jun 04, 2011 10:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shawna Thanks for the rec, Mia. I've got it on my TBR because Danielle had recommended it as well. I'm keeping an eye out for it every time I go to the used bookstore.

message 6: by Crazy4more (new) - added it

Crazy4more I'm hooked, it's on my TBR. Thanks friend!

Shawna YW, Crazy4more! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :)