Ariana's Reviews > Wings of the Wicked

Dec 13, 14

bookshelves: series
Read from February 03 to 07, 2012

Oh… and now what?

As you’ve seen from my Angelfire review, there is something about this story that really grabbed me. Not sure if it is the angel involvement, or the monster killing action set, but I liked the series and I can’t wait for the next book to come out.

Except for the teenage drama (that at some point got to be a bit tiresome), this book was (as well) really entertaining.
There was plenty of action, tons of monsters to fight, many characters to care about and the ending left me speechless.. That’s not the way to end it.. How will I be able to wait so long for the resolution?
Mark me well, for you will lose everything you love most dear before you finally lose your soul.

CHARACTERS:

Ellie
Is that kind of character that you might like or dislike in an instant. She is quite undecided and naive at times - for example she wants Will when he doesn't want her (..to want him o_O) and she has second thoughts when he is finally decided – and this adds a bit to the unnecessary drama. Still I liked some of their moments (definitely not the one with the ‘caveman’, but others were cute) and when she was in the mood to fight I liked her even more.
I think she was tougher through the first book, but after all that happened with her I can understand that she might be a bit shaken and vulnerable.
But, there is always a 'but', when she became too whinny and girlish I wanted to yell at her: what’s wrong with you, you need to save the world, who cares about your needs to go to parties and have a ‘normal’ life, you are so NOT ‘normal’ to start!
"Nice to see you again, Preliator."
I snarled, pulling on my chains. "I'll say the same to you when you're dead at my feet."

Will
I have a soft spot for him and I understand him - seeing the girl you love die a hundred times, be with that person for a bit and then feel that awful loneliness for almost 20 years (or even more), not knowing if she's coming back after all, searching for her all over the world and trying to protect her at every cost… This can do no good to a person, human or not. Still, he was way too serious.
He needed to relax a bit and enjoy life… Too bad that when he decided to do that the ending left us hanging and there was no more time for having fun.
I need you to trust me. I need you. And I love you. I want you. You know I do. I will never stop doing those things until the day I die for you.

Cadan
..is fun to be around. I'm not sure what role will he play in the next book, but I have a pretty good idea and I am not loving it.
Anyways, I liked him in this book, even though I am not convinced about his reasons. All that he did was a bit too much. In these kind of stories good people are good, bad people are just bad, there are no gray shades, so there must be something that I’m missing here.

The dad factor
I saw almost all of them coming - but the truth is that even though the story was a bit predictable, I still did enjoy it. I love to guess when something good is happening, and I like to be surprised when something bad is changing the course of things... So this was all right. The next book might bring us some more surprises and I am eagerly waiting for them all.

Nathaniel
..was cute from the beginning and I still have some questions about him, not sure if I’ll get my answers, but I really cared about him. He is one of those characters that leave an imprint on the others, and I liked all the moments with him.

All in one, this was a great transition from the fist book to the last one. I hope that you will like it as well :)
____________________________________________

Blog (EN) | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr | Bloglovin' | Blog (RO)
____________________________________________

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wings of the Wicked.

Quotes Ariana Liked

Courtney Allison Moulton
“My kind of fun just doesn't include making fun of vertically challanged people”
Courtney Allison Moulton, Wings of the Wicked

Courtney Allison Moulton
“It's easier to love you than to pretend I don't.”
Courtney Allison Moulton, Wings of the Wicked

02/06/2012
48.0% ""It's easier to love you than to pretend I don't""
02/06/2012
50.0% ""You never knew a thing, did you?" ... huh, I was so waiting for that since book one. Character-0 Ari-1"
02/06/2012
63.0% "One dad is enough, two are a lot, 3 just too many o_o"
02/07/2012
100.0% "Oh boy.. Now what? :D"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miss (new)

Miss Is this about her dad? :D

Ariana It shouldn't be a secret, right? ;) still, I wonder why now :-?

message 3: by Miss (new)

Miss I thought it was going to come out at the end of book one. I'm not sure what the secret is exactly though I have a strong suspicion.