Regina's Reviews > The Magic of Finkleton

Sep 02, 11

Recommended to Regina by: Friend
Recommended for: Anyone
Read from July 10 to 30, 2011, read count: 1

Magic of Finkleton, filled with mystery and wonders. I really enjoyed how the story wraps around the kids (siblings). By reading this, I couldn't help but think of my siblings, we may bicker about a few things but we do come together when we need too. I personally feel like this book is a teaching when it comes to family. Family backs each other up and protects each other, that is what this family, especially the kids do in the story once it gets going. This story has a lot of character and just to imagine the scene, location, people makes for the reading to just pull you in as if you were there.

I do want to point out, I usually do not do this, someone in their review stated that this was a kids book and not a YA. First of all the book does state that it is for kids and gives the ages. When you look for a good book to read, I would think that you would check that before you purchase it. Now that you have read the book, you state that one character in the book cried a lot not sure if this person read the same book as me, I didn't see anything that referenced crying throughout the book. If it did, it may have been a few points here and there, not the whole book.... not even 1/4 of the book. I would think the better clarification is pout or upset because "THAT" is what kids do. Kids show their expressions in many ways, that is how the kids in this book became the characters that they are.

What can I say about this book, I know awesome reading. This is the type of book in my opinion that keeps your attention and you can't put it down because you have to know what happens next. I would diffidently recommend this to others of any age. Can't wait to see what happens in the next saga. Thanks KC for your hard work and big imagination, that is what keeps the mind open to all possibilities.

I do apologize for not giving a little bit of a summary to the book. I just feel like that takes away any adventures and excitement that a person should be able to read without ruining it for others. All I can say is get the book and read it, you will not be disappointed. Please remember this is a kids book, so if you think your kids will enjoy get this or if your a big kid at heart I know you will enjoy reading this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Magic of Finkleton.

07/14/2011 page 95
52.0% "i cant seem to put this down, then i cant make time between classes to pick it up. oh the torture for reading a great book."
07/20/2011 page 120
65.0% "almost done, this is too good to get close to done. it doesnt help to be exhausted and have to force a few pages in. i will say amazing book."
08/01/2011 page 184
100.0% "finished awesome reading"