Mia Searles (The Muses Circle)'s Reviews > Bonded by Blood

Bonded by Blood by Laurie London

Feb 26, 2011

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, romance
Read from February 26 to May 23, 2011

Bonded By Blood is the kind of book that starts off slow and just when you think it's not your cup of tea, something finally clicks. I started this book months ago and was about 21 pages into it and ended up putting it down to start another novel. That rarely happens-- I guess you can say when I start something, I like to finish, at least when it comes to reading. In any case, a few days ago I saw Bonded By Blood sitting there on my shelf and thought, well, it's either now or never. Plus, while I was on amazon.com, I noticed that book 2 in the series, Embraced By Blood, will be coming out next month. No point in buying the next in the series if the first one sucked, right? Well I am glad I picked it back up because it turned out to be a decent read. Dom was definitely a hot alpha vampire. The only thing that annoyed me was the word "darling" as a pet name or term of endearment. Does darling aka darlin' work in a cowboy romance or down south? Yes. Does it work in a modern day vampire romance? Very rarely. Maybe I am wrong or being too picky. But for some reason it annoyed me.

Anyway, I look forward to book 2 next month!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bonded by Blood.

02/26/2011 page 21