Sammy's Reviews > Artemis Fowl

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

May 29, 2007

bookshelves: b-the-good
Read in July, 2005

This was a fun book to read. It was very creative and had a different twist on our usual take on fairies and leprechauns, dwarves and goblins. Especially with all the technology these legendary magical creatures have.

The characters that were focused on the most were barely rounded, but well rounded enough. Those secondary characters were the typical ones of a childrens book, either being the bad guy or the good guy. All characters remained consistent though, which I felt was nice and also probably gave Eoin Colfer a bit of a challenge... because not redeeming Artemis Fowl in this story for kids about a kid is something that most people were expecting.

I liked the fact Artemis wasn't redeemed in the end. It would have changed his whole character, a character I found to be very refreshing in a book that is, honestly, more geared towards children... but with the potential to be enjoyed by adults as well.

There's not much else to say about the book, it was good, I liked it, a nice, quick, and enjoyable read. I more than likely will go and read the other Artemis Fowl books... but, I probably won't rush to get them like I am for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Artemis Fowl.