C.L.'s Reviews > The Chronicles of Narnia

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

Mar 06, 2011

Read in January, 2001

I got hooked on this series in junior high school and never got over it. The Narnia series has it all. Stories of good versus evil, adventure, betrayal and redemption that both children and adults will enjoy. Although placed in the order of chronological events, I still tend to read them in the published order, mostly because that was how I read them originally. However, that is a matter of personal preference, and having them all in one single collection allows that leeway. All the books are classics of course, but personally I find my favorites tend to always involve the character of Eustace. Best opening line ever, "There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb and he almost deserved it". That one line gives you the idea of what the poor boy will have to bear, which ultimately he overcomes very well. I always found his adventures in Narnia to be the most complex and interesting. Again, a matter of personal preference as all of the books will keep you coming back for more.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chronicles of Narnia.