Shawna's Reviews > Slow Ride

Slow Ride by Erin McCarthy

Oct 12, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, erin-mccarthy, favorite-romance-series, series-fast-track, sports-romance-hot-jocks, hh-limp-paraplegic-wheelchair, bikes-grease-monkey-hot-rods-racer, hh-author-writer-quill-mighty-sword, 2011-reads, animals-matter, bdsm-kink, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, erotic-romance-erotica-romantica, hero-alpha‎, hero-brooding, hero-dom, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hero-gentleman, hero-mix-of-alpha-beta, hero-nice-guy-gets-the-girl, hero-recluse-loner-lonewolf, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, heroine-miss-independent, hh-addiction-recovery-sobriety, hh-bad-communication-conflict-mgmt, hh-disfigured-injured-scarred-ill, hh-physical-mental-disability-ill, i-read-kindle, kindle, tattoos-piercings-body-art, hero-tattalizing, heroine-badgirl-improper-scandalous, steam-3-hot, steam-4-smokin, 4-stars, hh-famous-celebrity, heroine-sassy-full-of-attitude
Read on October 12, 2011

Thoughts After Reading:

3 ½-4 stars – Contemporary Romance

This series seems to have lost a little speed with this and the previous book. I'm hoping things get back on the "Fast Track" with Jacked Up, which based on the snippet at the end of this is finally going to be Eve's book. Although it's not my favorite of the series, Slow Ride is still an entertaining, steamy, and satisfying contemporary romance. I'm hoping Eve's book revs the series up a bit!

Thoughts Before Reading:

"Slow ride, take it easy - Slow ride, take it easy
Slow down, go down, got to get your lovin' one more time
Hold me, roll me, slow ridin' woman you're so fine"

Oh sorry...I got distracted singing "Slow Ride" by Foghat for a minute.

Is anyone else really disappointed that there's a woman and a freaking t-shirt covering up the hunky man chest on this cover? I much prefer the chesty goodness of these studtastic specimens:

Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) by Erin McCarthy
Hard and Fast (Fast Track, #2) by Erin McCarthy
Hot Finish (Fast Track, #3) by Erin McCarthy

And there's a woman partially covering up this cover hunk, too, but at least he's shirtless.

The Chase (Fast Track, #4) by Erin McCarthy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slow Ride.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

LethalLovely~Live Through This and You Won't Look Back Yep! I'm disappointed too! I loved the man-titty covers & tight jeans of books 1-3. Now? Meh. I'm also not thrilled about the actual covers themselves. Before, they seemed realistic IMO. Now they look kind of cartoonish.

Auntee Yes, that guy should definitely be topless...what a waste.:)

message 3: by Lacy (new)

Lacy So did I. I totally started singing that song once I read the title. :)

Shawna Yeah, books 1-3 have some of the most chesttastic covers, ever. The leather jacket over bare chest hottie of "Flat-Out Sexy" is one of my all-time favorites. And the "V" muscles on the "Hard and Fast" guy are sublime!

Glad it's not just me thinking about that song. It's stuck in my head now. LOL!

Shawna Auntee wrote: "Here ya go, Shawna...

Thanks! It's really stuck in my head now. LOL! :)

Wminbc I guess once they quit racing they put their clothes back on??? ;( how sad! He better take them off often inside the pages...

Shawna Maybe that's it. They need to get back on the track then! LOL!

Wminbc Hmmmm, Chesttastic...love it!

Yes, Erin, get those broads off the covers and get them chests front and centre!

Shawna LOL! Yep, bring back the chesty studs! :)

message 11: by Trish (new) - added it

Trish SHAME!!! Put the yumness back on the cover ALONE!!!!

Shawna Exactly!

Wminbc Okay...I sent a few messages regarding some Chest-tastick covers and you should really check out Lori Foster's latest...yummmy!!!!

Shawna Oh yeah...those LF covers are YUMTASTIC!

Wminbc hmmm will need to steal that one too Shawna...Yumtastic!
The books are great too!

message 16: by Ren (new) - added it

Ren Please give us beefcake ....

Why just this one wearing his shirt, huh? :/

Shawna Ren wrote: "Please give us beefcake"

LOL! Glad to hear it's not just me disappointed by this cover!

I'm Sandra Dee I share the disappointment

Michelle [Helen Geek] Can't wait to read this one. Too many good ones right now!

Shawna I was a little disappointed with the romance/story, too. This is my least favorite of the series, but still a pretty good contemporary romance. I hope Eve's book, Jacked Up, kicks things up a notch!

message 21: by Britainy (new) - added it

Britainy bummer, I was looking forward to this book too! Diesel seemed was so yummy in the snippet front the previous book!! TFS your thoughts, I'll still read it but I'll be prepared :D

Wminbc Britainy wrote: "bummer, I was looking forward to this book too! Diesel seemed was so yummy in the snippet front the previous book!! TFS your thoughts, I'll still read it but I'll be prepared :D"

I commented a lot over on Francesca's review...but mostly my thoughts were that Erin shortened the book or didn't finish some plots due to length. It really could have had 2-3 more steamy scenes and the whole discussion around D's dad and the drinking needed to be more explored. I love how she did that with Imogen and Ty...they fully explored her insecurities and his "flaw"...I loved that, plus the whole bonus camping trip of lovin'...good stuff!

message 23: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Is anyone else really disappointed that there's a woman and a freaking t-shirt covering up the hunky man chest on this cover?

HAHA!! I know I'm always guaranteed a good giggle when I read your reviews Shawna!

Michelle [Helen Geek] Wminbc wrote: "Britainy wrote: "bummer, I was looking forward to this book too! Diesel seemed was so yummy in the snippet front the previous book!! TFS your thoughts, I'll still read it but I'll be prepared :D"..."

Britainy - my thoughts exactly. Just finished my review and then read your comments. Definite agreement. Too bad really. This one had GREAT potential. Can't do real justice to these type of issues in such a short story.

Shawna I agree that it felt a bit rushed, and I definitely would have liked a deeper dive into their issues and relationship. Overall it's a good contemporary romance, but not nearly as great as the first two books in the series.

Thanks, Tammy! Nice to see you around! Hugs!