Natalie's Reviews > Muscle Memory

Muscle Memory by Steve  Lowe

Mar 13, 11

bookshelves: fiction-uncategorized, weird-but-great, bizarro, favorites
Recommended for: everyone except total prudes or those who can't stand profanity
Read from March 12 to 13, 2011

It's less than 100pp long, you can read it in an evening and still have a little time left over for whatever you think you should be reading instead.

But, yes, this is such a fun and at the same time thoughtful book that you SHOULD put that other book aside for a while.

To make it even easier I put my copy up on swap (it's already taken, so you'll probably have to wait a while before you see that title on there again), but seriously, I bought a copy during Steve Lowe's "Buy a Book, Help a Kid" campaign and it arrived in two days. Less than 100 pp, two day delivery time, what's not to love?

I would love to see this story dramatized as a short film, heck -even a feature length film. It would be a BLAST and a challenge to act in it! Winona Ryder would be great for one of the roles.

This was the first book in a long time that I considered giving FIVE whole stars. So, here's the deal I made: If my pure enjoyment in this wacky tale of bodyswitching, post-partum depression, government conspiracy and implied bestiality inspired anyone to read this and they liked it too, and let me know by posting a comment to this review or sending me a message and I would up my rating to a FIVE. GR users, you have spoken! Thanks! And Steve Lowe, you deserve that five!
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Muscle Memory.

03/12/2011 page 38
50.0% "What if you woke up to find that your wife had post partum depression so bad that she was ready to murder you? What if she succeeded? But somehow you'd swapped bodies during the night? And so had your neighbors? You'd think that would be creepy, dark and sad, but its actually pretty damn funny."

message 1: by Steve (new) - added it

Steve Lowe Johnny Five! Thanks Natalie!