Bookwormgirl's Reviews > Spell Bound

Jul 26, 2011

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read on July 26, 2011

I hate Cliff Hangers.

That said, I did like this book. The pacing was good and action packed. Savannah as the narrator is sometimes annoying, but that is a major character trait of hers. The dialog between characters was snappy and engaging. While the story is intense, the sarcastic humor keeps it from becoming too dark.

I would have to classify this as more YA urban fantasy, unlike the other additions to Women of the Otherworld. This book and the previous book have been about Savannah coming of age. The next book should round out her journey. I can forgive this second Cliff Hanger ending (Waking the Witch ended with a Cliff Hanger too) if the third Savannah book finds a resolution or at least Savannah finding some peace with herself.

Did I mention I hate Cliff Hangers?

I love Women (and Men) of the Otherworld series because of the many characters that have been written about and have shaped this world. Each reader has their favorites, but mine are Elena and Clay, and Jeremy and Jamie. It was nice to see them make brief cameos in this story.

Many questions are answered and more are raised concerning the over arcing story line of a confrontation between angles and demons, humans and supernaturals. But even with all the information revealed and some maturing of Savannah, this addition felt like a filler between Waking the Witch and the next book after Spell Bound.

I'll wait for this next book, grumpily and impatiently, because I have been dragged over that Cliff and I have to know what happens next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spell Bound.

Urbanbookbabe Elena and Clay are my favorites too. (^_^)

Bookwormgirl I loved Frostbitten. I know it was because it was from Elena's point of view and it had her and Clay with the twins at the end. They were just too cute playing football. :)