Sammy's Reviews > Zipped

Zipped by Laura McNeal

Jun 12, 07

bookshelves: c-the-okay
Read in November, 2004

I'm really tired so the word I'm searching for to describe this book just isn't coming to me. But this book seemed like it was more of a pop-fiction book. Aimed at younger readers (teenagers) but something adults would also probably pick up to read because it sounded interesting but only to find out halfway through the book that it's rediculously insane and not worth their time.

For me, it was a fun read, but it's not something that's going to stick with me. I had no problems with the writing this time around, but did have a problem with the sort of two different plot lines that really didn't have anything to do with one another. Thinking that somehow everything is going to tie together... but it doesn't. Also some things were entirely irrelevant to anything in the story... just placed there irritatingly. For example, what was the point of Winston Reece? The only thing he did to push along anything was to get Mick to talk to Myra. That's it. The rest of the times Reece pops up... he does nothing. Personally, I thought he wasn't an interesting character, he wasn't funny, he seemed to just be there, dragging the story down whenever he popped up.

Also, it seemed like there was supposed to be a twist in the story that when the ending for one of the plots popped up you were going to go, "OMG!" But all the "subtle" clues that had been planted earlier made it extremely obvious where the story was going. Actually a lot of it was rather predictable.

So, if you don't have a lot of time for reading and you want a really good book that will be worthwhile for you and stick with you and make you think... Zipped is not for you.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zipped.