Pricky's Reviews > Vanish

Vanish by Sophie Jordan

Sep 21, 2011

bookshelves: dragons, favorites-of-2011, read-in-2011, romance, ya, steamy-kisses, love-it
Read from September 16 to 17, 2011

Oh...Sophie Jordan...How do I love thee...Let me count the ways:

1. Jordan knows just how to bring you up to speed on the action without having to rehash plot of Firelight. It was so seamlessly done that I was able to "jump" right in to Vanish.
2. Jordan knows just how to give you a good pace to the story. I never felt like I was bored at anytime; each page just led into the next, into the next so quickly and with anticipation.
3. Jordan knows just how to write a TRUE love triangle. I never thought I could (view spoiler). I really feel Jacinda's frustration and conflict over her 2 choices. Even I am as conflicted! And the premise for her conflict over the 2 is so deeply rooted in so many influences: the pride, her emotions, her duty, her loyalty...it's not just a simple answer as "Oh, I like him better so that why I must choose him." I like the complexity of this triangle...which gets really complicated at the end.

The only thing I was disappointed about was the lack of Will in Vanish. I totally understand this story was more about Jacinda's experience with the pride and her interaction with Cassian, and the focus really wasn't on Will so much...but I guess it's just my own selfish interest in Will; I just wanted to see more of him. Don't get me wrong, he makes a very steamy appearance, but I just missed more of his interactions like in Firelight.

Overall though, Jordan does not disappointment. I can't wait for the next installment. Jordan knows her craft, and she does it very well.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vanish.

09/16/2011 page 1
0.0% "Ahhh...Finally..." 3 comments

message 1: by TamTam (new) - added it

TamTam Ahhhhhh! Yay u rated it 5 stars. Must be good. I got sean griswalds yesterday!

Pricky Woohoo! I hope you like it; I LOVED it. So Funny.