Jessica Subject's Reviews > I Am Number Four

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

May 26, 2011

bookshelves: own-it
Read from May 18 to 26, 2011

I absolutely love to read books involving aliens hiding amongst humans on Earth. I first learned of this story from multiple book reviews on blogs I follow; some good and some bad.

I loved the concept of the story, but I must say I was a bit disappointed with the middle of the story. It didn't seem to sag, but there were several scenes that should have been expanded or used to show us more about how John felt about the situation he was in. It felt a bit emotionless.

The end though totally made up for everything the middle lacked. It was full of excitement, emotion and made the pages turn faster.

One thing that really bothered me was the mention of Pittacus Lore in the novel. Pittacus Lore is supposed to be the head elder from the planet Lorien, where John and Henri are from. As he is also the supposed author (it's really James Frey), it just doesn't make sense. He's only mentioned twice without any detail and could easily have been left out. There was no purpose to mention him at all.

Overall it was a good book and I am anxious to see the movie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Number Four.

05/18/2011 "With the release of the movie on DVD, I must now read the book. My hubby wants to rent the movie, but I never like to watch the movie before reading the book. Must get to it."
show 3 hidden updates…