Corie's Reviews > Ascension

Ascension by Sable Grace

Mar 06, 11

bookshelves: net-galley-books, 2011-books-i-read
Read in February, 2011

This was a NetGalley read for me. Although the Author(s) are new and I hadn't recognized their names (it is two people under one pen name),it stood out to me because I enjoy reading books with a strong-kick-butt woman character in a paranormal or urban-fantasy setting. This book had all of that and more. It was quick paced and action packed with new mythology and interesting characters. It had some twists that I had not expected, and I always love that about a story. The only thing was, and maybe it was because, being a NetGalley, it was possibly, not a final copy, but there were a few sections in the beginning that I was a bit confused by what exactly Kyana was versus what the things were she was trying to kill. Though I knew she was Vamp/Were Mix, they called her a Dark Breed, but that was also the name for the Demons. I actually backed up and re-read a few sections, just wondering if I had missed some vital detail. But as I kept going a bit further, I got it, I think or got over it and it was great. Although I am still wondering what the minions are exactly?? Are they vamps in training? Are they demons? Maybe I'm mental.

I liked how strong and brave Kyana's character was, and of course wanted to see more of her and Ryker. But alas... now we wait until the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ascension.