Traci's Reviews > Hogfather

Hogfather by Terry Pratchett

Dec 04, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, aficionado-top-100-challenge
Read from December 02 to 04, 2011

Don't read this book, or review, if you believe in Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny, or any of their associates....okay, is it safe to continue?

When I was little, very little, my mom tried to get me to believe in Santa Claus. But she must have done a good job, apparently TOO good, teaching me about strangers because I freaked. A strange man sneaks into our houses and leaves us presents durring the night?! Isn't this the sort of behavior we warn our children about? Needless to say the gig was up, either that or let me cower in fear of the holidays. And she never tried again. Don't worry there's no Easter Bunny. Yup, I was afraid of him too. My lost teeth got handed straight to my mom and she handed over a dollar. It was a great secret I couldn't let my cousins know I knew. Anyway, so this book with all the absurdity of childhood and the holidays is right up my alley.

This was one of my first Discworld books years ago. It's cute. Has that Pratchett wit. Has some funny moments. But it isn't as smooth as later books. And isn't the best DEATH book. I recommend the series but can't recommend starting here.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hogfather.

12/02/2011