Jaime Atkins's Reviews > A Night of Secrets

A Night of Secrets by Lori Brighton

Feb 26, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read in February, 2011

WOW! There is a lot going on in this story. Just when you think you know what it's going to be all about, a dead body is found floating nearby. Threw me for a loop!!!

Tangled up in secrets, murder, and denial, Grayson and Meg travel a road that can only lead to each other. Grayson is fighting against his nature and can not believe that it is love he is feeling. Meg refuses to accept that she could love a man like Grayson due to occurances in her past. Their overwhelming attraction thrown in the mix makes for very interesting reading indeed! Both fighting against the one person that is their perfect match.

My ONLY negative......I enjoyed this book, but I think it would have been better without the murder mystery. Given that the book was a historical romance, a paranormal romance, and a suspense romance all wrapped up in one, it made for confusion at points. It was a bit much to take on in only 283 pages. I was completely intrigued before the first body was ever found, so I know I would have continued reading without it.

I am always eager to try new authors and this one did not disapoint. Lori Brighton's writing proved descriptive, engaging, and vivid. (The reader could feel the lust jump off the page!) I will look for more by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Night of Secrets.